Prologue

A/N

This story was inspired by another one I read on here called "Tzuyu and Me" by @anexoticengram so please go check that out! This has somewhat of a similar set-up in the first chapter but I have a very different story in mind as it progresses. Any feedback or criticism is welcome to help me make this as good as I can possibly make it! Now, onto the story!

Date: November 25th 2017

Time: 08:15

Location: Classified

Perspective: Y/N

"Are you sure about this? You're one of the best agents we've seen in decades, with your abilities you could easily surpass anyone and everyone here" said the Director.

I just kept staring out the blinds of his office, not paying any attention to the speech that I had heard for the thousandth time now.

I'd been with the CIA for over thirteen years now, but playing the part of the secret agent, the one who 'saves the world' has honestly gotten... boring.

In the beginning you might be inclined to believe it's the most exciting job in the world. From rubbing elbows with the rich and famous on an undercover assignment tasked with saving the most important person in the world, to infiltrating the secret underground tunnels of the Great Pyramids to uncover a plot that-

Actually, the details don't matter. The point is that, eventually, if anything is repeated enough, it's destined to become mediocre at best, and boring at worst.

Though, boredom isn't the main reason for why I'm quitting.

"I know" I replied, cutting him off "But after what's happened these past few months, I've realized this isn't the life I want to live." I thought about my life, almost all of it had either been training or going on some sort of mission.

I'm 19. I didn't exactly choose to be a part of the CIA. I was only 6 years old when I was 'recruited' so there's no official contract that he can use to make me stay.

"To be honest, Director, I want to see what it's like to live a life outside of danger, one where I can have friends, a family even, and just do... normal things."

The Director slumped down at his desk, he knew there was no talking me out of this "Where would you go?"

I turned to face him and said "Right now, there's only one place I have in mind."