Chapter 14

Date: December 2nd 2017

Time: 14:37

Location: Seoul, South Korea

Perspective: Y/N

Lying would be the simplest course of action. But I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm not quite sure why, but I feel close to these girls. They feel almost like-

Like something I once had a long time ago...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: October 25th 2004

Time: 19:30

Location: The C.A.M.P. Facility

Perspective: Y/N

She extended her hand out to me and said, "Well, nice to meet you Y/N! I'm Jamie"

The boy next to her did the same "And I'm Jeremiah, but most people just call me J"

-------------------------------------------------------------

Date: December 2nd 2017

Time: 14:37

Location: Seoul, South Korea

Perspective: Y/N

But that feels like another lifetime, to be honest.

On the one hand, I know my mission. I know what I must do to keep these girls safe. On the other hand, I'm sick of the lies. I'm sick of having to hide who I am. I want to feel normal for once, I want to have people that I can trust again. That's the whole reason I left the agency to begin with. It was the promise I made...

I take a deep breath in.

"Well" I start "When I was around six years old, I was... noticed, by the people who were starting the camp. They told me that this place could... challenge me to improve myself"

I have to choose my words very carefully, but I can't keep being vague forever. At some point I'll have to make a choice whether or not to tell the full truth. All I can hope for is by then the circumstances of this situation will have changed.

"So, how exactly did they notice you?" Jeongyeon asks.

"Oh, well I guess you could say I had a bit of a temper when I was young" My fist instinctively clenched under the table. "The people who approached me said they could teach me to control my temper and use it to further better myself"

"And your parents were ok with the camp?" Jihyo asked. My head zipped towards her while my fist clenched even tighter. I could feel my nails digging into the skin of my palm.

"Uh.." My breath became caught in my throat. "If I'm honest, they were kind of the reason I had the temper to begin with" I try to laugh off what I had just said, but it's taking every bit of strength I have to smile, to not break down. Every second I spend fighting the emotions feels like a punch to the gut. I hadn't thought about them in a long time.

"Oh" I look up and see Sana staring at me "I see..." Her eyes widen as she bites her lip. For just a brief moment, I forget about my troubles. A gentle warmth spread across her face as she gave a soft smile "So... what did they teach you there?"

My face started to heat up, almost as if her smile had broken the defense I had up to be cautious. "The list of what they didn't teach me would probably be smaller. I was taught how to fight, how to speak different languages. I learned just about every subject under the sun, from music theory to calculus" I could see the flicker in the girl's eyes. They almost seemed as if they didn't believe what I was saying. I started to think that maybe I was giving away too much.