Chapter 20

a/n: really long chapter! kick back grab a drink, some snacks, and enjoy! Also made it a bit longer because I'm going to take a few days to really plan the rest of Book 1... yeah Book "1" That's all I will say for now. Enjoy!

Date: December 3rd 2017

Time: 12:02

Location: Seoul, South Korea

Perspective: Y/N

We all sat down in the living room, all the girls sat on the couches and I was sitting across from them in a barstool. No one said anything for a few seconds until Jeongyeon finally spoke up

"Listen Y/N you seem like a good person, but I can tell you're hiding something about your past. And if you're gonna live here it just makes me uncomfortable"

"Jeongyeon?!" says Tzuyu "That's a little rude, don't you-"

"She kind of right" says Jihyo "Y/N it's not that I hate you or anything. I'm actually really grateful you saved Tzuyu's life... but I just don't feel like I can trust you all that much"

"He's only been with us a couple of days" says Chaeyoung "Don't you think we should give him some more time to-"

"I get it" I say "There was a reason why I held back from telling you about my past, but it just seems wrong now to keep this from you. Especially with how nice all of you have been treating me"

I see Sana look towards Dahyun's room, then look down.

"So, if you want to know my story I'll tell you. But it might not be what you expect"

"That's fine, we just want the truth" Jeongyeon said to me.

I sigh, look down. I haven't told this story in years, and it never gets any easier to tell...

I look up and tell them everything that I can

"When I was 6 years old. I... I lost my parents. We were all supposed to go to Hawaii for a family vacation on a Saturday. So that Friday, my parents took me to the bank to deposit some money for our trip. My dad was in line while my mom and I were in the waiting area, looking over our itinerary. I saw my dad walk up to the bank teller and there was a guy next to him at the other window... that guy ended up shooting the teller"

I pause and take a second to breathe.

"My dad ran, I don't know if it was towards us or to get help because he only got a few steps before the guy shot him in the head. My mom ran over to check on my dad, screaming. I can still hear it to this day..."

I feel a tear fall down my face, I try and hold back more from coming out

"As soon as my mom ran over to my dad, she was shot too. I remember... I- I remember running over to check on both of them, I looked at them both, then looked at the man who just killed them. He pointed the gun at my face, but before he could shoot he was shot in the arm that was holding the gun. I turned around and saw police running in the building and taking him down. That Saturday I spent the morning in a police station instead of Hawaii"

As much as I try, I can't help but crying a little more, I try wiping away the tears. Then I feel someone hug me. I open my eyes and look to see it was Jeongyeon, she was crying and when I looked to the rest of the girls I noticed they were crying too.

Tzuyu, Chaeyoung, and Mina specifically seemed to be crying hard.

"I- I'm sorry Y/N" I hear Jeongyeon say as she holds me tighter "I shouldn't have been so rude, I didn't think-"

"It's ok, you were just worried and you didn't know" I say to her while hugging her back.

I let go of her and I feel her grip on to me even tighter for just a few seconds before letting me go too.