Chapter 34

Date: December 17th 2017

Time: 16:10

Location: Osaka, Japan

Perspective: Y/N

I spent the next five minutes just trying to compose myself after Momo's "joke"

However, it did help me get out of my funk. If nothing else, I think Momo was just trying to distract me from the whole issue at hand... and I do feel a little better. As I start to zone back into reality, I turn towards Momo who's still giggling.

"Momo" I say

She stops laughing and looks at me

"Thank you"

She smiles sweetly and winks at me "Anytime"

"You think we should head back?" I ask her

"Yeahhh, we walked pretty far, Sana's parents will probably start to get worried if they notice I'm gone" Momo says

We start to head back, I think about everything that's happened in the past couple days. From the night with Sana to the night with the Yakuza, life sure hasn't slowed down like I thought it would. But if nothing else, I'm grateful I met these girls.

As we head back I start to notice something that I didn't see before. Something that wasn't as visible because of how upset I was earlier.

Momo. She wasn't happy.

Her eyes were looking down ever so slightly, her smile had completely faded and a frown had taken its place. Her shoulders were shrugged up tight, almost making it look like she wanted to bury her face in her sweatshirt. The only thing that was keeping her head up was her hand, which was balled into a fist and placed under her chin.

She wasn't depressed like that night with Mina... she was stressed.

"M- Momo?" I said softly to her while walking closer to her.

She shook her head as if to almost zone back in from whatever was taking over her mind. She looked up at me and forced a small smile... I know that trick all too well.

I put my hand on her shoulder.

"I think it's my turn to give you the advice you gave me" I say while smiling.

Momo looks back, with a tiny amount of shock on her face "Was it that obvious something's bothering me?"

It was, now that I actually paid attention.

I just shrug my shoulders.

She sighed, and held my arm. I think she wanted to cry too, but held it back since we were out in public. "I promise. I'll tell you about it when we get back. But for now... can we just walk like this all the way back?"

I nod. Sometimes that's all you need. No super powers, no fancy gadgets, no pep talk that solves everything. Just someone who's willing to stand or sit by you to let you know you're not alone. To let you know you have people that care about you.

....

We both appreciated that silence.

-------------------------------------------

Date: December 18th 2017

Time: 18:00

Location: Osaka, Japan

Perspective: Y/N

The rest of the trip was uneventful. Sana wouldn't come out of her room until it was time to leave, and when she did finally emerge she didn't say anything. I was at a loss for words too, because the truth was, I couldn't tell her the real reason we had to keep from dating. Which meant that there was nothing I could say that could help her.