Chapter 11

Date: December 2nd 2017

Time: 10:43

Location: Seoul, South Korea

Perspective: Y/N

Just like a few nights ago, the girls take two separate cars. This time, I ended up riding with Sana, Dahyun, Jeongyeon, and Jihyo. I kept avoiding eye contact with Sana, seeing as how my mind was still a mess from everything.

Hoping to distract myself, I turned to Jihyo and asked "So, what's this song about?"

"Well, it's basically a love song" she says. "It's called Heart Shaker, it's about being in love but not knowing what to do"

Oh cool so it's literally a love song about my own romantic incompetence. Well, talking had the exact opposite effect I was looking for.

As the car pulls up to the studio, I take a quick scan of the building's exterior, it's massive. Barely any windows visible from the front. High walls and steel gates surround the perimeter. It's the kind of place I might have had to infiltrate during my time in the agency. The entrance is a grand affair, with a massive, ornate door that seems to beckon us inside. I can only imagine the countless hours of practice, the sweat and tears shed within those walls to produce the polished, synchronized performances that have captivated millions. This is where the magic happens. As we all shuffle out of the car and make our way inside, we're immediately greeted by JYP who's accompanied by his bodyguard Jaehyun.

"Good morning!" He bellows out with a smile on his face "How's everyone feeling?"

The girls smile back and say they're all doing good. He rambles on about rehearsals for today, telling the girls to take things slow and take breaks when they get exhausted. I'm seeing almost a completely different side to him. When we first met, he was much more serious, much more demeaning. Here he seems more like a warm, friendly, parental figure.

As he finishes his speech, the girls start to head inside the studio rooms. I trail behind them, but am quickly stopped in my tracks when JYP grabs my shoulder.

"Keep an eye on them today" he whispers "Something doesn't feel right"

My eyes narrow as I gaze around the room "What do you mean?"

"I've been getting strange calls lately. The kind of calls where you answer but there's no one on the other line. They're trying to scare me and it's working to be honest. That's why I held off for so long on shooting this music video"

I cocked my head to the side "Why don't you just cancel all performances until we know the threat is neutralized?"

He huffed at me "Because I'm not trying to start a panic and get even more eyes on me!" He looks around the room, then sighs. "Listen, I've let the staff know that you're to be given free reign to go anywhere in this building. Please agent L/N, make sure the girls stay safe" His tone feels like he's desperate, I can tell he truly is scared.

I nod my head for confirmation and start to walk away.

"Oh! One more thing" He adds. I stop but don't turn around. "If you do find something, try and deal with it as quietly as you can, if you know what I mean"

I smirk and give him a thumbs up before finally entering into the studio.

----------------------------------------------------

Date: December 2nd 2017

Time: 13:07

Location: Seoul, South Korea

Perspective: Son Chaeyoung.

After hours of dance rehearsals, we finally went on a 15 minute break. The first opportunity I get, I sit down and pull up my phone. I started browsing Instagram with my secret profile. The company only allows us to post approved content on our shared social media account, and even then, it's only limited to a couple of times a week. It's like they don't trust us to be ourselves. Honestly, I can't help but feel like my life is being controlled. Sure, I'm living the dream I always wanted, but sometimes it just feels like I'm slipping from who I really am. As if this really is a dream and every passing second reality begins to fade away even more.