Chapter 6

Date: November 30th 2017

Time: 22:57

Location: Seoul, South Korea

Perspective: Y/N

I squeezed into the back of one of the black SUVs that were the girls' transportation. As I was getting inside, I heard one of the drivers mutter something about a sizable dent in the roof.

Yep. That was definitely my handiwork.

The car was packed with around half of the girls from the group. Mina and Chaeyoung sat in front of me, while I squeezed in between Dahyun and Tzuyu. The car ride was much quieter than I anticipated. Mina kept fidgeting with her hands, avoiding eye contact as she stared at her lap. Chaeyoung was softly humming a tune under her breath, her head tilted towards the window. Dahyun simply scrolled through her phone, though I could tell she was just pretending to look occupied. I occasionally caught her stealing a glance towards me every now and then. It was clear something was on her mind, but just didn't want to say it. So many times, when I would deal with celebrities, I always braced myself for the attitudes and personalities they would give out. The kind of attitude that tried its best to make you feel insignificant. The type of personality that told you it wanted so desperately to be the center of the universe.

But not these girls. They were different. I liked that.

The only person who did end up talking to me was Tzuyu. Her words spilling out in a rush of excitement. She kept going on about the job opportunity, her eyes lighting up as she spoke. She gestured wildly with her hands, exclaiming that my life would be forever changed when I got the job. It was a speech I was all too familiar with.

To be honest, I was really only half listening. Not because I didn't care about Tzuyu, I would've loved to talk to her as much as I could've on that car ride. The feelings I get whenever I talk to her, made me feel... different. The way she tilted her head when she talked, the bright spark in her eye. The little quiver that her mouth made when she let out a smirk. It all reminded me of...

Anyways, the issue was simply the name that Sana had told me.

JYP.

I know I've heard that name somewhere before, but where?

"Oh, it looks like we're here," Mina uttered softly

"This is it, JYP Entertainment Studios" Tzuyu said, pointing towards the skyscraper that stood outside the window.

As I make my way out of the van I hear a voice from beside me "So, what do you think? Cool, isn't it?" I turn to see the other van in front of us, and the rest of the girls piling out from it. The girl who just spoke to me, I think her name was Nayeon?

"Yes, it's quite the building" I tried to look as impressed as I could. But in reality, my mind was completely elsewhere. That name felt familiar, yet at the same time, why were alarm bells ringing in my head? Was this man dangerous? It was a mental scavenger hunt that I just couldn't solve. The memories I could put to that name kept slipping away like sand through my fingers. It was right there, teasing me from the tip of my tongue, but I just couldn't place it.

The security guards at the entrance gave me the once-over before glancing over at the girls for confirmation. As soon as they got the nod, we passed through the entrance and into the belly of the beast. The inside of the building was pristine and polished, with a minimalist aesthetic that seemed to scream "I have way too much money." I knew the type of people that were like this. It wasn't helping my mind be at ease.

We made our way to the elevators, which glided smoothly upward, taking us closer to our destination. The top floor was as impressive as the rest of the building, with a long corridor leading up to a pair of frosted glass doors that seemed almost comically oversized. It was like walking towards the pearly gates of heaven, but with all the alarm bells ringing inside my head. I questioned if I was really walking towards the opposite.

Two security guards stood at both sides of the doors. One of them, an older looking gentleman, seemed to almost scan me for a moment. Surprisingly his eyes almost popped out of his head. He doesn't say anything, but looks as if he's seen a ghost.

Something isn't right. Who is JYP?

I was lost in thought, my mind wandering aimlessly until Sana's voice broke through. "Don't be nervous Y/N," she said, and I flinched, jolting back to the present moment.

"Don't worry, I'm fine" I say back while the inside of my head sounds like a military base with all the alarms going off. "Unless you think I should be?"

"No! Seriously, don't worry! JYP is really nice as long as you're respectful towards him" Jeongyeon says, shaking her head.

My chest gets tighter, and my head is spinning with the amount of memories I'm trying to pull. Something big's about to happen and I can't quite predict what will come next.

"You're going to do great" Tzuyu says while smiling at me and putting her hand on my shoulder. At that moment, I felt this wave of warmth wash over me. Her voice was soothing and her smile was calming. It was like a soft blanket on a windy night.

We all push into the office, Tzuyu keeping her hand on my shoulder until we stop directly in front of a giant desk in an office bigger than my apartment. Placed behind the desk was a large white leather chair with its back facing towards us. It couldn't scream "I'm a villain" any louder than it already does, unless he was stroking a cat.

My eyes narrowed in on it while Jihyo said "JYP. This is the one. The one that rescued Tzuyu"

"Excellent" the man says to us. "Will you please allow me to speak with them in private for just a bit?"

"Ok, we'll wait outside," Momo says.

The man raises his right hand up from the chair. "No, no. That won't be necessary. You all need to go home and get some rest. It's been a long day. I'll inform of how this goes in the morning"

All the girls start to leave, Tzuyu gives a shy wave and a smile. Sana's the last person to linger out, but just before she does she steps closer towards me, whispering "Can't wait to see you again" Her breath tickles my ear as I practically jump back. She giggles to herself and waves goodbye. For a moment, I forget where I am.

Then the door shuts.

"Now then" the voice says. Here we go.

"I must say, thank you for saving Tzuyu" He turns his chair "However I have many ques-"

As soon as I see his face I recognize who he is, and I'll bet the same happened to him too. Yeah I know who he is. He ain't a bad guy. But that doesn't mean we met under the best circumstances.

Without hesitation we both say "Osaka"