Chapter 19

Date: December 3rd 2017

Time: 11:53

Location: Seoul, South Korea

Perspective: Y/N

After looking at Chaeyoung's drawings with her, I turned to her and said "Chaeyoung, you're really good at this. Is this just a hobby or something you would want to do later in life as well?"

"I'd like that but..." she stammers "I don't know if I'm good enough to be a professional"

She looks down and says quietly "Plus people might get mad at me if I started to spend more time on this rather than being an idol"

I haven't heard those exact words, but I do remember someone who once said something very similar to me. Thinking you're not good enough when the truth is...

"Chaeyoung, I'm gonna let you in on a secret. There's no such thing as a true 'professional' of something. Everyone's just winging it using the experience they've learned along the way. There's no magic skill or power that makes you a professional, it just takes time is all"

I put my arm on her shoulder and pick her head up "Do you consider yourself a professional idol?"

She shook her head "I mean, not really, that seems weird to say"

"But a lot of people probably see you as one. Why? Because you've just been practicing the skills you have now for a long period of time" I say to her.

"There probably wasn't just one day where you went from being able to only kind of sing and dance to being the best singer and dancer ever. It was a slow but steady progression, and all 'professionals' go through it"

"But what about the people who will get mad at me?" she asks.

Her and Mina seem to think alike. I guess I can kind of see why people might ship them together.

"Don't worry about those people, make yourself happy first" I say to her

She's still looking down a little but I see her give a faint smile.

"You shouldn't do something just because it makes the masses happy. Do something because you're passionate about it, do something because it's what motivates you to keep going, do something because it makes YOU happy"

She looks up at me and says "Y/N. Thank you"

I smile and say "No problem, anytime"

"Could you teach me?" Chaeyoung asks

"Teach you... how to draw?" I ask.

"No, how to speak English" she responds "I've always wanted to learn while still doing my drawings but I was afraid it would take away too much time from being an idol and fans would get mad. But it's what makes ME happy" she smiles.

"Well then, of course. I'd be more than happy to teach you"

We smile at each other for just a few seconds. When I talk to Chaeyoung I feel all warm inside, she's not as outgoing as someone like Sana and maybe not as popular as someone like Jihyo. But she is definitely one of the most humble celebrities, and even people that I've ever met.

She's someone I could see myself being friends with for a long time... in a way, she's kind of like Jamie.

My phone vibrates in my pocket. I look at the caller id "Oh, it's JYP" I say

"Really? What does he want?" Chaeyoung asks.

I shrug my shoulders and answer. Probably best not to put it on speaker just in case.

"Hello? JYP, what's going on?" I answer.

"Mr. L/N are you with the girls right now?" he asks me.

"Yeah I'm actually sitting next to Chaeyoung right now" I say while smiling at her.

She smiles back and I hear JYP say "I need you to get to a private place, we need to talk about something"

Oh no. That's never a good sign, did something happen to the girls while they were out shopping?

"I'll be right back" I say to Chaeyoung "Business stuff, you know how it is" I say as I walk to my room.

I close the door and lock it "Ok, I'm alone now. Is this about Sana, Dahyun, and Jeongyeon" I ask him.

"Yes it is" he replies

"Damn, did something happen to them while they were shopping?" I ask.

"Shopping? No, they came by my office and said some things" JYP says

They went to his office? Now I'm confused.

"They had two issues, both directed at you"

"Me?" I say "I don't understand"

"Well, one of them might be my fault. Jeongyeon said how she felt she couldn't trust you because you were secretive about your past, I thought by having you not tell the girls anything they would be better off. But I guess if they're living with you, it would make sense they would want to know more about you and would feel weirded out if you were always just a mystery" JYP says.

"I understand sir. What would you like me to do?" I ask realizing that might mean I'm not allowed to live with them anymore.

"Open up about yourself"

"Ok, I'll start packing- wait what?" I say surprised "I'm allowed to tell them my past?"

"Well, just don't mention anything that directly has to do with the CIA as well as anything about the Osaka meeting" JYP says "But other things in your life, feel free to talk about"

I guess I could talk more about the camp as well as... what happened that day to mom and dad.

"One more thing, Dahyun had a complaint against you as well, but that's a conversation we'll have to discuss later tonight. Just know she's going to be mad at you right now"

"Understood" I said

"I'll contact you later, keep your phone close by" JYP said before hanging up.

As soon as I hang up, I heard the front door slam open and someone, I think Dahyun, yelling "No one talk to me, I'll be in my room!" Then I hear a bedroom door slam close.

I open my door to see both Jeongyeon and Sana at the front door. Sana looks like she's sad and won't make eye contact with me. Jeongyeon is looking straight at me and has her arms crossed.

She says "Y/N, we need to talk"