Stank Like Teen Spirit

~Third Person P.O.V~

"This might be the most boring week ever." Randy said with his head in his hand as he sat between Riley and Howard in the gym. "No monsters, no robots, no reason to Ninja/Kunoichi out."

Riley hummed in agreement as she mirrored her partners body language, just as bored.

Especially with what today is.

"The only thing getting me through this week is the Big Championship!" Randy said starting to get pumped.

Riley sent him a weird look at that.

"Yes!" Howard cheered after taking a sip from his drinking hat. "I cannot wait to see Norrisville destroy Flackville in uh......what sport is this again?"

"Not. A. Clue." Randy replied, mood not faltering. "But whatever it is, we're getting our fan on." Randy takes out a cricket bat from somewhere and hits a beach ball that was being tossed around.

Riley laughs a bit when the ball hit one of the mascots.   

"Easy-teasy here." Heidi said as she was recording today's match. "Bringing you the deets on the big championship. N-Ville has destroyed those Flat-wads 11 years running and now we're about to make it an even dozen. On your mark, get set. Chess!"

Bucky and a Flackville student started to play on a table in the middle of the gym. 

"Chess?" Randy and Howard said in disbelief.

Flute Girl shushed them as Riley slumped forward in boredom.

The gym was quiet with the exception of the sound of a clock ticking and chess pieces moving.

"....This is the most boring week ever." Randy whisper aloud with Riley and Howard grunting in agreement.

The three watched in boredom as the game continued, listening to the crowd cheer when ever Bucky gained the upper hand. 

"Am I missing something?" Randy asked still in disbelief of the situation. "How could our entire school love this?"

"I thinks its for bragging rights." Riley said throwing her two cents. 

"Seriously. It's like the easiest game ever." Howard said.

Riley now looked at him weird for that comment.

Howard continued. "All he's got to do is put the castle thingy next to the horsey thingy, and the guy in the pointy hat can't do anything. I mean, am I the only one who's seeing this?"

Randy and Riley glanced at each other then look back at Howard. 

"Howard." Randy started. "I know you better than anyone, and you don't know the first thing about chess."

"Sorry Howard, but I'm gonna have to agree with Randy on that." Riley said.

Howard just scoffs and points at the big screen showing Bucky doing what Howard said and winning the match.

The school cheered as the Flackville student stormed off stage in defeat and as Randy and Riley slowly looked back at a smug Howard in shock.

"....Who are you?" Randy asked in suspicion while Riley continued to stare at Howard in shock.

She didn't even get this game!

As the players switched for the next match, Randy hears a familiar laugh and looks around only to see McFist and Viceroy sitting in the crowd!