Chapter 1 ~ Celebrations

How was it possible that so much had happened in the past six years? Bonds had been severed, while new ones were created and strengthened ten fold.

Today was a special day. Everyone had gathered around to celebrate the anniversary of the day the war ended.

It was the monthly tradition now, and this was the second time round. Not only was it to celebrate the end of war but to also celebrate the lives of those who were lost during their almost never ending plight.

"Did you hear that the Uchiha might be released soon."

News really did spread fast.

Time seemed to stand still despite the chaotic background. The mention of his name would always have that kind of effect on her.

"I wonder what he's planning on doing with his life now." Conversed two older woman, not bothering to talk in hushed voices about the last remaining Uchiha.

No one knew what his plans were, or even where he was. The last Sakura had seen him was when the original team 7 were together on the middle of the field as she healed them.

She knew that he had been in lock up for a while, but no one was allowed to see him during that time. Bargaining with the guard would've been easy for her, except not when the same person she wanted to see didn't want anyone to visit him.

Not even Naruto who was persistent to no end.

Her train of thoughts were interrupted when a pair of arms wrapped around her neck all of a sudden.

"C'mon Sakura! Where are you lost?" Ino asked smiling, as she pulled her best friend along towards the group of friends who seemed to be hoisting Naruto up in the air.

"Be careful, you guys." The timid raven Hyuga said, watching her long-time crush being tossed around good naturedly.

The three girls stood together since a long time and decided to catch up, even though there hadn't been much going on after the war.

Most of the time was spent healing everybody who was injured and it had taken a good two months to finally get things back up and running.

But soon their little reunion was cut short by a familiar voice that shouted. "Sakura-chan! Sakura-chan!".

It was none other than the blonde hero of the village. But to them, it was just the knucklehead Naruto.

He had definitely changed. From his surfacing newfound maturity to his hair which was now short and spikey while his face still had some traces of boyish features.

He motioned for Sakura to follow him just after greeting the other two girls.

Their smile was simultaneous. It was no surprise they had grown closer over time. Sometimes pain causes people to grow apart, while other times people grow together. Sakura and Naruto were proof of the later.

"I got news from Grandma..." he started, and judging by the seriousness yet eagerness from his tone, she didn't bother to correct him from calling her teacher that hated name.

"Is it...is it about?" Sakura trailed off, not knowing whether to finish her sentence incase if she was wrong.

"Yes, Sakura-chan." He said confirming her doubts while his smile turned into a full beaming grin.

So it really was true then.

She closed her eyes doing a quick prayer thanking God, overcome by a sudden surge of emotions.

"He is going to be released today."

"What? Today? Seriously?" Sakura questioned, trying not show just how much those words had made her hope resurface.

A hope that had let her down countless of times, but it was hope nevertheless.

"Let's go see for ourselves!" He encouraged, heading towards the towers with Sakura running in tow.

•••••••••••••

Hey!!! It's me! The writer that doesn't update for five years but comes back smiling and handing out donuts :)) *offers donut*

I don't know if anyone reads this book but thank you for taking out time from your day for reading!

~LiEmerald.