Chapter 2 ~ Reunion

It took a few seconds for the news to
actually set in, but no sooner Sakura snapped out of her daze, running to catch up with Naruto.

The celebrations were still carrying on, but it all went past in a blur as the pair made their way up to the Hokages Towers.

They stopped infront of the big doors of the office but just before one could knock, Shizune opened the door as if she anticipated their arrival.

She ushered them in with a warm smile, as they were met with Kakashi sitting at his desk, papers stacking up reminding them of when Tsunade would sit there drowning herself in scrolls and sake.

"I knew you two would come." acknowledged the Hokage looking up at them.

"Of course we would! Where is Sasuke!?" Naruto demanded, not wasting time to beat around the bush

The copy ninja didn't answer but instead went back to his own task at hand.

"Hello! I'm talking to you?" Sakura found herself having to hold Naruto back, something that happened more often than you'd think, expect this time it was her doing the restraining.

Kakashi had been personally in charge of Sasuke for his self-sentenced period, and judging from the way he looked at them only confirmed that the Uchiha really was being released today.

"All the formalities are complete." He announced, as he put a seal on the scroll he was writing in.

"Tell the guards to bring him in." Kakashi ordered an Anbu ninja, not before telling Naruto to wait there after he too began walking ahead.

Despite being in there so regularly, the air seemed thick and the five minute wait felt just as long as the wait for Naruto's favourite ramen to be prepared.

But at the end, it was always worth it.

Their anxiousness hit its peak as the door creaked loudly with a slow push.

And then after two months of longing, they were finally greeted by the one they had been so desperately trying to save and bring back.

It been negotiated time, but it didn't make Naruto protest any less. Sakura seemed to understand the process, and just how lucky he was to have his case negotiated after everything that happened.

He looked taller than before, but maybe it was because of his hair that definitely added some height, and he wore a midnight black cloak which gave him a sort of refined appearance.

"Sasuke!" Naruto ran up to his best friend giving him an unexpected punch to his stomach.

The attack could have been easily blocked, but in a way Sasuke felt like he deserved it.

Sakura watched with teary eyes at the pairs interaction before a smile made it's way onto her face as Naruto tackled him into a brotherly side hug.

There was an immense feeling of happiness and the start of what seemed like a new begining for all of them, finally being able to say they did it.

They finally brought him back to the side where he belonged. They finally got to stand together and see just how much they had grown. They had gone through hardships and they deserved to finally experience joys. And now, they stood infront of each other, the old Team 7. Reunited once again, and this time hopefully to stay.

Kakashi made his way over and placed his gloved hand on Sakura's shoulder giving her a light reassuring squeeze as he pushed her towards the two.

She barely moved, their eyes now fixed on her. Not sure whether she should follow Naruto's lead and hug Sasuke like she had wanted to for such a long time, or keep a safe distance to not cross any unspoken boundaries.

"Sakura."

Was the first thing he said, and that pretty much did it for her as she took a step forward, giving him an affectionate smile.

"Welcome back, Sasuke-kun."

It was all she could say at the moment, but just to have him back and infront of her, would suffice for now.