Chapter 5 ~ Always.

After their small talk, Naruto jogged back over to them to say goodnight.
The atmosphere was uneasy now, and it didn't go unnoticed.

"Huh? Guys, is everything okay?" Naruto asked, concerned.

Sakura looked at Sasuke with an expression that said, Just tell him!

She knew it was his choice, he wouldn't listen to anyone, but Naruto was different. He was his best friend, his brother, and also one of the people who could get through to him.

Even if he couldn't, he at least deserved to know now and not twenty minutes before his friend embarked on an unknown journey for who knows how long.

"I'm leaving the village for some time, tomorrow." Sasuke stated, not bothering to beat around the bush.

Naruto's jaw dropped slightly, "What?!"

Sakura looked down, it was uncomfortable and she knew the two of them needed space to talk to each other alone. Slowly excusing herself, she said Goodnight and walked home with her thoughts far from being at peace.

"What do you mean you're leaving!" He demanded, "You just came back."

"Stop shouting, Dobe." The raven scolded, narrowing his eyes at him as pass-byers turned in their direction.

Naruto stared at him, waiting for an explanation of some sort, it was the same one their pinked haired teammate got a few moments ago.

"What about Sakura-chan? How can you leave her again?" He asked angrily. Even though he had fulfilled his promise to her, she was still always his top priority, no matter what way he saw her as and her - him.

"She'll be here." Sasuke answered simply, seemingly uncaring.

Naruto laughed humorlessly, shaking his head. "She always is, isn't she." He said softly.

The universe must have been playing a sick game with them, where someone was bound to get hurt no matter what the outcome was.

Hinata loved Naruto, but Naruto loved Sakura. And she in turn loved Sasuke. People were hurting and the feeling was helpless.

"She has always loved you, she's gone through so much shit just because of you."

Naruto felt conflicted, he had brought Sasuke back, but that didn't mean he could make him do whatever he wanted him to.

Sasuke looked away, as if it were all too time consuming to listen.

He sighed, his anger simmering down but not fully gone. "You better come back soon."

"You know, we are always gonna be here. Me, Kakashi-sensi, Sakura-chan...But what if you don't have her to come back to? Even so, if she moves on, she'll always be here, and I just don't want her to get hurt again."

Sasuke thought for a moment. Not having her to come back to? That was an odd feeling. A unknown one at that.

"Hn."

Deciding it was useless trying to convince Sasuke anymore, they continued their walk, with Naruto asking about where he wanted to travel.

••••••••

By morning, the pair had eased up abit and came to see their friend off at the village gate.

Sakura found it strange how she was always the one seeing him leave. Watching his back as he walked away.

However she didn't try to stop him now, because this time it was different. He was different. It didn't feel like all those other times when it seemed like there was no turning back for him.

"Don't do anything stupid." Kakashi warned like a parent. "I'm responsible for you, so be careful."

Sasuke nodded at his former teacher and now Hokage before seeing Sakura take something out of her bag.

'But what if you don't have her to come back to?' Naruto's voice replayed in his head.

She held out a neat plastic container towards him, timidly.

He looked at it curiously. "Lunch. So you don't have to stop on your way." She said, averting her eyes.

He accepted her kind gesture, she stepped back happily, but then he took a step forward.

Two slender fingers reached up, tapping her gently on the forehead.

"See you later." He smirked at her reddening cheeks as her hand shot up to the spot his fingers had touched.

The three of them waited till they couldn't see Sasuke anymore as he walked down the path exiting the village.

Naruto was still sulking a little and their sensi made his way back to the Hokage towers. Sakura gently pushed Naruto with her hip, giving him a small smile even though she too was upset.

He was surprised but smiled back almost automatically.

"Come on, let's go."

•••••••••••••••••••••

So this update came alot quicker than I would have imagined, but being on study break, I had some time to write so I thought why not.

Also, I know that it's suppose to be Sakura and I, but i felt like it felt more real saying me.

Hope you guys enjoyed it!