Chapter 18 ~ Happy Birthday

"There's no need to worry
When you see just where we're at
Just please don't say you love me
Cos I might not say it back."

••••••••

"I still don't see why we couldn't have it at Ichiraku." Naruto grumbled to his wife as he helped place napkins under the plates set up.

"When it's your birthday, then you can have a party there- now fold those quickly before Sakura arrives." Ino cut in, narrowing her eyes at him.

They had planned it after her shift ended at the hospital, so she probably wouldn't be expecting anything this late into the evening.

"I think everything is ready." Hinata announced, filling the last serving jug with fruit punch, one of Sakuras favorites.

Ino had booked reservation of the cafe for evening, the same one they usually bought the decadent desserts from weekly.

Considering it was a Wednesday evening, there was surprisingly alot of friends who seemed to make it to attend, as they chatted amongst themselves waiting for the birthday girl to appear.

Tsunade had taken the liberty to walk with her from the hospital, encouraging that since she was nineteen now, she had no excuse not to join for a glass of sake.

Sakura protested knowing full well that 'a glass' usually meant five bottles with her mentor.

"I don't think this is even open, Lady Tsunade." The pinkette said, looking at the eatery which was barely lit up.

"Eh, let's just go."

She eyed her suspiciously, opening the door nonetheless, only to met with darkness.

"Surprise!!!" Chorused everyone, as the lights shot on, temporarily blinding her.

"Happy Birthday!"

Indeed she was surprised, so much so that she didn't know what to say as she looked at all the people present.

"Before you argue," Ino said quickly, motioning to all the guests. "Everyone pitched in too."

How could she argue now when it was actually so thoughtful of them to do.

"Seriously, thank you guys so much!" Sakura exclaimed, overcome with happiness.

Hinata carefully lit the candles on the lemon cheesecake they had ordered as everyone cheered on, some messing up the words to the birthday song.

Sakuras eyes seemed to find her favorite raven in the small crowd, standing next to Naruto, before looking down at the tiny flame from the candles infront of her.

Making a wish before blowing it out.

Afterwards everyone went to dish their food from the organised buffet, and enjoy the rest of the day with the friends after long.

"So what are we playing?"

Shikamarus eyes widened as he saw the previous Hokage standing at their table with a smirk.

Sai- unaware of her notorious gambling habits, placed down the cards from his hand and asked if she wanted to join.

Scooting over, Tenten internally groaned as Tsunade picked up her own hand of cards, inquiring what the stakes were.

Peering out the window stood the lone Uchiha. Seeing all these people here made him feel uncomfortable. Settings like such were definitely not his thing, but he sucked it for Sakura. That, and the incessant nagging from Naruto saying he had to had to be there.