Chapter 14: Welcome

"I always let you down
You're shattered on the ground
But still, I find you there
Next to me"

•••••

The guards at the village gate looked up in surprise, it wasn't every day they saw the last Uchiha stroll through as if he never left.

He can't say he saw the difference or change since the last time he'd been here. He was only around for at most three days after being released, and most of the time was spent eating Ramen or being pestered by Naruto while eating ramen.

Actually, the last he had a proper look at this place he once called home, was years ago. But now, it was like walking through a complete new place.

He didn't waste any time sightseeing, rather making his way towards the only reason he had come back.

He couldn't deny that he wondered what it would be like once he returned. Would she be happy to see him? Did she still want to see him? Was she going to greet him with one of those punches he had seen Naruto receive plenty of times, for leaving her for so long? Would she throw her arms around him while crying? Eh, the last one was probably extreme but he remembered when that would be her back when they were genin.

"Sasuke?!" A loud voice called out in shock. He turned half way to see who it was. 'Ah, the obnoxious blonde.' he thought.

Except not the one he would've preferred to see.

She seemed to ignore his bored expression as she walked right over to him, halting the shopping she had just been doing.

"You're back?!" She exclaimed, confused at his presence. Her blonde hair was cut short and the signature side path she took still covered her eye, and she almost laughed comparing it to how Sasukes hair also covered his.

He simply nodded, wanting this to be over with as soon as it began.

"That's great." Ino was careful with her wording, reminding herself he wasn't just any person who would contribute back to the conversation too.

"Are you looking for Sakura?" She asked, watching him perk up at the mention of her name.

"No." He said, looking away. Last person he needed knowing who he came for was her.

"Traitor is back?" Another voice came from the side, taking the heavy shopping bags from Ino's hands.

Ah great, luck was definitely on his side today.

He narrowed his eyes at the pale skinned ninja. 'Traitor?' Calling him that, was he trying to start a fight?

Not like it would last long, Sasuke thought inwardly smirking. The first time he had seen him was at Orochimaru's hideout and it wasn't exactly a pleasant visit. He actually had the audacity to think he could kill him. Ha.

Getting a closer look at him, he questioned if people were even conscious when they had said the new replacement on Team 7 looked the same as him. He seriously saw no similarities whatsoever.

Ino elbowed him in the stomach lightly to shut up. "Shush! Do you want Sakura-chan to punch you again for saying that!"

Sasuke's sharp hearing caught that. 'She punched her own teammate to defend me?'