Chapter 21 ~ Peaceful Mornings

"Without your sight my eyes are weak
I am your arms, you are my feet
And tomorrow could be our new day"

••••

Being a doctor, Sakura was accustomed to waking up early out of habit-even on days when she didn't have to go to work.

She'd often lay in bed until she got too tired of trying to fall back asleep, so she would just begin her day.

It wasn't even crack of dawn when her eyes slowly flickered open. Stifling a yawn, she scolded herself for drinking such a big mug of tea before she went to bed, and contemplated waking up or waiting till a more reasonable time to go to the bathroom.

Giving up against her own protests, she gently pushed off the covers and sat up on her bed. Surprisingly Sasuke was still asleep. But looking at the time, nobody should be awake at such an ungodly hour.

For the past few days, and even on missions when they were younger, Sasuke was always the last to sleep and first to get up, so much so that Naruto had actually joked if he even slept at all.

His arm was resting under the pillow which was covered by his soft black hair. She couldn't help but find it oddly cute how even in his sleep, he managed to look so effortlessly handsome and peaceful- something so rare.

Before going to the bathroom, she adjusted the blanket over him, being careful not wake him up.

Even though she could feel the sting of the cold air that was still present, against her face, she didn't mind. Seeing him be so at peace, she wished nothing more than for him to always be like this.

But she knew it wasn't that easy, so for now she'd just be thankful for what it is.

•••••••••

Peering through the window, the weather seemed to be better than yesterday but it was still gloomy. Sasuke was eager to get moving again.

He took a glance over at the bed opposite his which was already made. Where did she even go already?

Stepping out of the room, he instantly caught sight of the pinkette, standing on the balcony at the end of the corridor.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

She said softly, not surprised by his presence next to her, as if she just knew it was him without needing to check. Casting his eyes away from her, he looked at the view infront of them.

There was still ghost-grey mist looming over the town, making it appear darker than it actually was. But the morning dew that settled on the array of trees far north was almost memorizing as the trickles of light shone off it.

It was moments like these when it felt like everything would be okay. That while there is inner turmoil and darkness in everybody, it was ironic how serene the world could be amidst all the chaos.

"So I heard there's a small market around here..." Sakura mentioned, as they reached the bottom staircase of the inn. The travel bags were back over their shoulders after returning the room key to the receptionist.

Sasuke hummed in reply, causing her to pout. Could he really not take the hint that she wanted to go there?

Without saying anything she followed, walking side by side with him. The local people went about their daily routines, each caught up in their own bubble of life.

The lives of people in different places was so...intriguing. Something that was foreign to one, was daily to the other and made her want to know more and more about everybody they passed.