Chapter 15 : Tea with a dash of Nostalgia

"Come up to meet you
Tell you I'm sorry
You don't know how lovely you are
I had to find you
Tell you I need you."

•••

"Sai-kun...could you please leave this at home for me. I have to go to the clinic after this so I won't have time to drop it off." Ino asked, giving innocent puppy dog eyes, effectively shooing him away.

"Why didn't you tell me Sasuke was here! I literally spoke to you last night!" The pinkette shouted but not loud enough for people to hear as soon as Sai left.

"He only came two days ago so I thou-"

Her hands raised up in surprise, but Ino took a step back thinking she was about to turn into "Scary Sakura Mode" as Naruto liked to call it, and evidently hit her.

Sakura made a face as she heard how long he had been here, 'The one time I'm away, and this happens.'

"Seriously, Billboard brow, you're sucha brute!" She chasted, managing to get away with the comment because her friend was more interested in the events of the topic.

"I feel terrible. I wasn't there when he finally came back."

Ino shook her shoulders lightly in disagreement. "You have a life outside of this, Sakura. I'm sorry I didn't inform you, but if I had told you he was back, you would've rushed over forgetting all about how you're suppose to be resting in Suna."

"I'm sorry too, but ugh. I just wanted to be there to welcome him first." The pinkette admitted, looking away.

"Well he's here now. And by the looks of it, he has a reason to stay."

She shot her a confused look, with which the blonde just smiled mischievously.

"And what did you even buy today? Those bags looked huge!" Sakura asked, raising her eyebrow as she only now thought about how Ino had shoved the large shopping bags into Sai's arms, so tall almost blocking his vision.

"Oh I just bought some of the things for clinic, you should come over later this week to help me take it there."

The medic nodded understandingly, they had wanted to get some toys and other items to brighten up the children's clinic to make it look more lively.

Concidentally the blonde really did go to the hospital right after, and Sakura decided to go with.

However, as soon as she'd slipped in, one of the admins caught sight of her and ushered her out of the hospital as quickly as she came in. Telling her to come back in two days like she was suppose to before Tsunade or Shizune saw her.

So the pinkette went home to prepare for later that day, taking a much awaited bath, soaking herself till she felt her skin begin to crinkle up.

--------------------------

It was midway through the afternoon when the trio had finally come together at Sakura's house like planned. The pinkette wasn't hungry and neither was Sasuke, while Naruto was holding out till supper with his wife.

Kakashi was unable to join them being practically enclosed off in the Hokage office with stacks upon stacks of unread papers.

"You're the one who wore bright orange clothes like a lighthouse."

"Oh me?! You're the one who wears red like you are going into a bulls ring." Naruto fought back with a retort.

Somehow after settling into the Harunos living room, the louder of the three got into a conversation about how flashy the clothes they dressed in were, despite being ninja.