Chapter 7 ~Moments

Slipping into her simple knee length red dress, Sakura got ready for the joyous occasion of today.

Naruto and Hinata's wedding.

It was only around 9am, but she and the girls were planning on going early to help the Bride get all ready. They wouldn't put it past Naruto to actually miss his own wedding by still being asleep, so with the help, or rather forcing, of the guys to go over to his house to make sure he was up too.

Not forgetting that Sakura made it her duty to call their past Sensi, reminding him not to pull one of his excuses and arrive late this time.

"Guy's I don't know how to feel!" Naruto exclaimed nervously, as he sat at the edge of his bed, half dressed in his fancy white shirt while the bottom half of him was still wearing his heart patterned boxers and a pair of fluffy bedroom slippers.

"What a drag...you're getting married in three hours." Shikamaru said, leaning his head lazily against his folded arms

Sai looked up with a smile he was still working on to look more sincere, "I know how you feel."

The two of them were the only friends who managed to make it to his house so early, but it seemed like they weren't as enthusiastic as he hoped they would be.

"Really?" Naruto asked with bright eyes, "And what would that be?"

The ink artist lifted his hand up in defence, "Oh, no I was just agreeing with you in general. I have no idea of your emotions nor my own."

Naruto sighed, falling backwards on his bed. "It's my wedding today." He announced as if it was just registering in. "I'm nineteen and it's my wedding today."

Shikamaru let out a teasing chuckle. "Who woulda thought you'd be the one to get married first, or at all."

"Ha ha ha." The blonde laughed humorlessly narrowing his eyes before his expression changed coyly into a grin. "At least I am getting married say, how is Temari?"

Shikamaru looked taken aback but tried to play the fool. "We're not, I mean I'm not-UGH. We are discussing how you are gonna get late for your own wedding, not about my life."

With widening eyes Naruto looked at the time and rushed to put on the rest of his clothes with the teasing of his friends in the background.

••

When the girls got there, everything was already being set up. With chairs neatly forming a half circle under a big cherry blossom tree. "Wow, this looks amazing!" Ino gushed as she tugged at Sai's wrist. The two were matching, as Ino wore a black strapless sundress with Sai in a formal white attire.

After making sure that Naruto was ready, Sai left to go fetch Ino with Sakura trailing behind carrying a stack of boxes containing the remainder of wedding gifts that were meant to be handed out to the guests as a token from the couple.

Still uncertain of what words he meant to put together as congratulatory, Iruka-sensi gently straightened out Narutos collar before letting him walk ahead.

Hinata was with her sister, waiting patiently for the rest of the guests to get there, dressed in her traditional bridal kimono.

Soon everyone arrived, and it was time to begin with the ceremony.

Naruto stood at the front, waving at all his friends with a contagious grin. His mind wandered to his parents, Jiraiya, Neji, Sasuke...everyone he wished would be able to see him on his and Hinata's special day.

As his bride walked down, Naruto watched slack-mouthed in awe. "You look beautiful." He whispered to her and she turned away shyly, still not used to being complimented. Despite seeing her just moments before, it was finally setting in that it is real.