Chapter 13: Conversations

"I don't know why you chose me,
but as long as you're here
I don't need to know
If it weren't for you,
how could I confess all the things I don't know how else to express."

•••

There was always something about going into stores that made Sasuke slightly anxious, and if he could, he would completely avoid it in the first place.

But unfortunately he had to eat.

So he found himself in a small eatery, trying to make the exchange as quick as possible. There was a main reason for this, and the girls eyeing him up like the last tomato on the shelf, from the side was an obvious answer.

His devilishly handsome looks only seemed to add to his dark demeanour, as they simply appreciated his genetics.

When he travelled with Team Taka, there were often plenty of girls trying to get to him, but ironically with no avail thanks to Karin, they never made it within his radius.

Heck, even when he was on Team 7, girls were usually intimidated by Sakura's closeness to him, or just eventually left pouting in defeat.

Either way, he never gave anyone the time of day. He found it weird thinking back to that part of his past.

Shrugging off the thoughts, and the attention he was getting, he placed the money for his food on the counter and took it as take-away.

It was only midday, but the Uchiha had already had a full day from exploring the current village and gathering intel about a suspicious rumor he had heard.

Just as he threw away the remainder of the food, he sensed one of his Hawks coming. That was odd. So he lifted up his hand allowing it to perch on top of his arm.

A letter from the village? Was something wrong? Opening up the note, he began to read.

Really hope this hawk thing works, or it'll be kinda awkward to explain to whoever gets this if it isn't you...
Not much has gone on in the village since you've been gone...
I've been on alot of missions lately, which alsoooo you need to come back so we can take the Chūnin exams again together! How'd we end up still being genins even after saving the world!
Oh oh oh, thanks for the note! Sakura-chan gave it to me. Sucks that you missed my wedding, some best friend you are!
Anything cool happened during your travels? I'm sure there must be stuff to tell!
Sakura-chan even said you're like the police force! Always investigating and protecting everyone but from the sidelines, your forgotten dream that looks more and more like reality now!
Oi, how long do you plan spending on finding yourself? You're Sasuke and you belong here no matter what you think. Believe it!
You owe me a treat at Ichiraku when you come back!

At the bottom of the page was a signed ~Naruto(future Hokage) Uzumaki.

The Uchiha reread the letter for the third time, and still he couldn't grasp the contents. Or rather, how well the information made sense.

He realized he and Naruto were still genin at the mention, but the last bit was just...

How could she-? When did she-? Whaaat??

The questions loomed in the Sasuke's head as he found himself yet again reading over the letter.

Naruto had craftily said those things so casually as if unaware of the impact it would have on the Uchiha.