Flashback

"Edmund-" Peter sighed.
"No Peter." Edmund cut him off. "What they just said, it's true." He sighed as he sat on the edge of the bed, Peter following. "I did b-betray you all."
"Edmund listen." Peter said. "That's in the past. And it wasn't your fault."
"How wasn't it?" Edmund said.
"You were tricked Ed." Peter said, placing a hand on Edmund's knee. "Tempted."
Edmund almost laughed. "Yeah, and I was stupid enough to fall for the temptation."
Peter bit his lip. "Edmund please." He said. "Stop beating yourself up over this. What's done is done, remember?"
Edmund hesitantly nodded. "I suppose."
Peter smiled slightly. "Now, I'm going to see if I can find a chess board." He said. "I'll be back in a minute."
Edmund nodded as he watched Peter leave the room.
He sighed as he sat there, waiting.

-Flashback-
"So, are you going to tell me where Aslan is? And where your siblings are heading?" The witch asked Edmund.
Edmund stared up at her, shivering slightly. He kept his mouth shut as Jadis knelt down in front of him.
"Where are they?" She whispered.
Edmund took a deep breath. "I-I don't know." He stuttered.
Jadis smirked. "I think you do." She said. "You just won't tell me"
Edmund swallowed thickly as he stared at Jadis.
The witch laughed. "Do you know what you've done Edmund?" She asked, causing Edmund to frown. "You betrayed Narnia, Aslan and your siblings for nothing more than a bunch of sweets."
Edmund looked down at the floor, shame spread across his face.
"You might as well just tell me where they are, finish what you started." The witch said.
"I don't know where they are going." Edmund lied.
"You do." Jadis said. "And if you won't talk when I ask you, I'll make you talk."
Edmund took a deep breath, silently telling himself that no matter what happened to him, he wouldn't tell her where Aslan was.
"I'll make you." Jadis repeated.
Edmund stared at her, not being able to hide the fear on his face.
"I'll tell you what I'm going to do." Jadis said. "I'm going to-"

"Edmund?"
Edmund was snapped out of his thoughts by Peter, who was stood in front of him, a worried look on his face.
Edmund looked up at his brother, quickly wiping away the tears that had somehow managed to make their way down his cheeks.
"What's wrong?" Peter said, placing the chess board on the bed and sitting beside Edmund.
"Nothing." Edmund said.
"Ed." Peter sighed. "Talk to me."
Edmund stared at Peter. "Just, memories is all." He mumbled.
Peter sighed, pulling Edmund into a hug. "About when you were with the witch?" He asked.
Edmund nodded as he buried his face into Peter's shoulder.
"It's okay." Peter whispered. "It's all over. She's dead. She can never, ever hurt you again."
Edmund nodded slowly. "I know." He said.
Peter kissed Edmund's forehead. "So, you ready for that game of chess?"
Edmund smiled as he hesitantly pulled out of Peter's arms. "Course." He said.

☆☆☆

"Checkmate." Edmund said.
Peter laughed. "That's the third time!" He said.
Edmund smirked. "I know." He said.
Peter shook his head with a laugh.
Just then the door opend and in walked Lucy. She frowned when she saw Peter and Edmund sat on the bed. "I thought you were going riding?" She said.
"We were." Peter said. "But we decided to stay in instead."
Lucy nodded as she sat beside Edmund. "I think Susan guessed that you wouldn't go out." She told her brothers. "She sent me up here to see if you were here."
Peter nodded.
"She also said that there's a matter that needs solving." Lucy said.
Peter sighed. "About?"
"Not exactly sure." Lucy said, shrugging her shoulders. "It's between two fauns is all I know."
Peter nodded. "Well." He said, standing from the bed. "I suppose we better go and see what the matter is."
Lucy nodded as she too stood from the bed.
"You coming Ed?" Peter asked, turning to his brother.
Edmund hesitated. "I'll be down in a minute." He said.
Peter took a deep breath. "You sure?" He asked.
Edmund nodded with a small smile. "Yeah." He said. "Throne room right?" He asked, facing Lucy.
Lucy nodded. "Yes." She replied.
Peter nodded too. "Alright." He said. "Just, don't be too long." He added.
Edmund nodded slowly as Peter and Lucy left the room.
Peter cast one quick glance at his brother before he shut the door.
"Is Edmund okay Peter?" Lucy asked as the two made their way down to the throne room.
Peter sighed. "He could be doing better." He admitted.
Lucy nodded slowly as she took hold of Peter's hand, giving him a reassuring smile. "He'll be fine." She said.
Peter smiled at his little sister. "Of course he will." He replied.
Lucy smiled again as they stopped outside the doors to the throne room.
"After you." Peter laughed.
Lucy giggled as she opend the door and stepped inside.
Peter followed her, seeing a crowd of around fifty Narnians and Susan, sat at the end of the room on her throne.
Peter frowned as he sat beside her, Lucy sitting the other side.
"Why are there so many people in here?" He whispered.
Susan smiled. "They were already in here when the fauns arrived." She said, pointing at a pair of arguing fauns.
Peter nodded.
"Where's Edmund?" Susan asked.
"He'll be down in a minute." Peter told her.
Susan smiled slightly as all of a sudden the doors opened again and in walked her little brother, Crown placed neatly upon his head.
Peter watched closely as Edmund stood in the door way. He then glanced at the Narnians, who's eyes were set on his brother.
He bit his lip when a few of them started to whisper amongst themselves, casting glances at Edmund, who was staring at them all.
Peter and Edmund made eye contact, and Peter's heart nearly broke when he saw the tears appear in Edmund's eyes.
He was about to stand and say something to the Narnians when his brother turned and, covering his face with his hand, ran.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆
T

hank you to @snowynarnia for the flashback idea xox