It's too much

Edmund lay in bed that night, staring at the ceiling. His heart pounded in his chest, his breathing heavy.
This was it. He told himself. He nodded, swallowing thickly as he climbed out of bed.
Now came the tricky part of getting changed.
He had to be extremely quite, otherwise he'd wake Peter.
Peter was a very light sleeper, so Edmund couldn't make a single sound.
He grabbed his clothes from where he'd hidden them under his pillow, and as quitely as possible, got changed.
Once he'd done, he looked up at Peter, who, to Edmund's relief, was still asleep.
Edmund took a deep breath before grabbing a bag from under his bed. The bag he'd packed that evening, it had food and water in it. But only enough to last him a week or two, so after that, he'd have to fend for himself.
He picked up his sword, attaching it to his belt before tiptoeing over to the door.
He slowly turned the door handle and opened the door.
Edmund looked back to Peter again, tears instantly filling his eyes.
He shook his head. He couldn't stay. It was too much for him to handle. He'd had enough.
I'm so sorry Peter he thought with a quiet sigh. But it's too much for me.
And with that he quitely closed the door behind him.
Now came the tricky part of sneeking out of the castle.
He tiptoed through the hallways, peering around every corner to make sure the coast was clear.
He eventually reached one of the small side doors, and as quickly and as quitely as he could, he slipped out unnoticed.
He shivered slightly in the night air, he hadn't expected it to be quite so cold.
He sighed, wrapping his coat tightly around himself as he walked through the gardens and to the little gate that led out to the woods.
To be honest, he didn't even know where he was exactly going. He only knew that he wanted to get as far away from Cair Paravel, from Narnia, as he could. Maybe he could even find his way back to England.
He sighed, knowing that that wasn't very likely.
He quietly opened the gate, still fearing someone would hear him and force him back inside and to bed, before stepping into the woods.
Gripping the handle of his sword so tightly that his knuckles went white, he slowly began to walk, away from Cair Paravel, away from the Narnians, away from Lucy, from Susan and away from Peter.

☆☆☆

Peter slowly awoke, squinting in the light. He rubbed his eyes as he sat up.
Almost out of instinct the first thing he did was look over to Edmund's bed.
His heart skipped a beat though when he saw no Edmund.
He frowned. That was weird. Edmund literally never woke up before him. He was the one that liked sleep and hated mornings.
Still rather puzzled he climbed out of bed and got changed, before heading down to the dining room to see if Edmund was already there.
As he entered he saw Susan and Lucy just sitting down at the table, talking amoung themselves.
Lucy smiled when she saw her brother. "Morning Peter." She said. "Where's Edmund?"
Peter frowned. "I thought he was with you?" He said.
Susan frowned back. "We haven't seen him since yesterday." She said. "Why?"
"He wasn't in his bed when I woke up." Peter told his sisters. "So I thought he'd come down here."
Lucy shook her head. "Well, he obviously hasn't." She said. "Don't worry, I'm sure he'll turn up sooner or later."
Peter bit his lip. "I've got a bad feeling." He muttered. There was silence for a while before Peter sighed. "I'm going to see if I can find him." He said.
Susan nodded. "Don't be too long." She said.
Peter nodded before rushing out of the dining room. He had a very bad feeling about this. A very bad feeling.

☆☆☆

Peter was now extremely worried. He'd looked everywhere and hadn't found Edmund.
He rushed back to Susan and Lucy, panting as he reached the dining room.
"Found him?" Lucy asked hopefully.
Peter shook his head. "I've looked everywhere." He said.
Susan's heart skipped a beat. "Everywhere?" She said.
Peter nodded again. "Everywhere." He said.
There was silence for a long while before Susan frowned.
"Peter?" She said. "Don't you think that Edmund was acting a little, well, weird yesterday?"
Peter frowned back at her. "In what way?" He asked warily.
"Well." He said. "He was rather clingy, with all of us. And he'd start tearing up at really odd times." Susan said slowly.
"Now that you've said that." Peter muttered.
"Where's Edmund Peter?" Lucy asked, her voice shaking.
"You don't think he could of, left?" Susan choked out.
Peter swallowed thickly. "W-Where?" He said.
"Maybe he ran away." Susan whispered.
"Why would he do that?" Lucy asked.
"Think about it." Susan said, taking a deep breath. "He was acting extremely clingy yesterday. What he's been going through. He thinks that everybody hates him. It would make sense."
Peter's eyes went wide as they filled with tears. "I think you're right." He whispered.
Lucy's face fell. "No." She whispered.
Peter's heart was pounding in his chest. He was now extremely worried. Edmund was gone. Gone. He ran a hand through his hair, holding back a sob. Why would he do this?
"Peter?" Susan asked, snapping her brother out of his thoughts.
Peter looked up at his sister, frowning at her. "What?" He asked.
"What are we going to do?" Susan whispered.
Peter stared at his sisters, who's eyes were glued on him.
Peter shook his head. "I-I don't know." He sighed.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡