Wrong way

Edmund's eyes opened the tiniest fraction as he groaned slightly.
He lay there for a while before forcing himself to sit up, immediately regretting it as pain shot through his body.
He moved his arm the tiniest bit, but it was enough to cause him to gasp painfully.
He sighed as he realised he'd lost his sword, as well as the bag with his food and water in it. There's no way he'd have enough strength to climb back up the hill and get them.
He held his breath as he slowly  stood, forcing himself not to cry out in pain.
He pulled himself out of the bush, scratching himself all over again.
He bit his lip, holding his arm as still as possible as he began to walk, well, more like limp.
He sighed as he limped. Why didn't he just go back? He asked himself. His siblings were probably worried sick, especially Peter.
But if he went back, the Narnians sure wouldn't be happy.
He took a deep breath as he pushed any thought of returning, from his head.

- Two hours later -

Edmund staggered twords the nearest tree he found, tears rolling down his cheeks.
He sat down, groaning in pain as he did. His head fell against the tree trunk as he let out a shaky breath. Why had he forced himself to walk for that long? His breathing became heavier as pain shot through his arm.
"Is it possible for me to put it back into place myself?" He thought, almost laughing.
He shook his head. That was definitely not possible, to tell the truth, he didn't even know how to put a dislocated shoulder back into place.
He decided then and there to learn as soon as possible.
Edmund's eyes closed slowly, he was now in too much pain to even concentrate. Funny, he'd fallen down a hill and now felt like this.
Edmund sighed, knowing that wasn't true. Yeah, he'd fallen down a hill, but he'd dislocated his shoulder first, hit his head hard on the way down, and then landed in a bush of nettles at the bottom, which had scratched him extremely badly. And on top of that, before he'd felt sick and tired. Which had doubled after his fall.
He couldn't handle it any longer, the pain was too much, he just wanted to go home. He let out a small sob as the tears rolled down his cheeks, home. That's where he wanted to be. With Lucy, listening to her laugh and watching her smile. With Susan, rolling his eyes when she was being too logical and laughing when she raised an eyebrow at him. And with Peter, curled up in his arms, him whispering comfortingly in his ear.
Another sob left him as he realised what he'd done. He'd left, without any warning or anything, just because he couldn't handle it any longer. He didn't even stop to think how it would effect his siblings, how it would effect Peter.
He was probably worried sick. Edmund knew he would be, just by how he'd been acting since Beruna. Not letting him out of his sight for more than half an hour, panicking if he wandered off, crying himself to sleep after Edmund had had a nightmare. Peter may think that he was asleep, but he was wide awake, just listening, laying there with his eyes closed.
Edmund squeezed his eyes shut as a sharp pain shot through his stomach. He was waiting for that.
He gripped his stomach tightly, wishing for the pain to stop. But it didn't, if anything, it just got worse.
He opend his eyes as he tried his best to ignore it. He'd made up his mind, he was going home.
He pushed himself to stand on his feet, gripping the trunk of the tree as tightly as he could.
Now he just had to remember which way he'd come.
He frowned before nodding and beginning to walk.
But instead of going the way that would lead him to Peter and eventually back to Cair Paravel, he went the opposite way, thinking that it was the right way.
As he limped away from the tree, he got further and further away from where he wanted to go.

☆☆☆

Peter took a deep breath as he stopped walking. He looked up to the sky, it was starting to get dark, and very soon he wouldn't be able to see much.
He looked back ahead of him, only to see a dead wolf lying at the top of a hill.
He frowned as he slowly walked up to it, his frown getting deeper as he saw the sword sticking out of the wolves chest.
And when he was stood right in front of it, his eyes went wide.
The sword was Edmund's.
Peter took deep shaky breath, noticing a bag lying a few feet away, also Edmund's.
What an earth had happened? He thought as he removed Edmund's sword from inside the wolf. He held it tightly in his hand as tears filled his eyes. Edmund had killed a wolf. Peter had never felt so proud and terrified at the same time.
He knew Edmund wouldn't just leave his sword, or his bag, and this made him worried. Something had happened to him.
Peter quickly walked to the edge of the hill and looked down, only to frown when he saw one of the bushes at the bottom almost torn in half.
His eyes went wide. No, he thought as he ran down the hill, having a hard time trying not to fall over. The hill was rather steep and he knew if he fell he'd hurt himself, alot. Which was what worried him. If he was right about what he thought had happened, then he needed to get to the bottom as soon as possible.
He eventually did and ran over to the bush. Parting the nettles slightly he saw something that made his heart skip a beat. Blood. Peter swallowed thickly, it also looked like someone had been lying there, for a while too.
He sighed. He'd been right. Edmund must of fallen down the hill after killing the wolf.
But the question was, why would he carry on?
Peter quickly stood and had a look around.
"Bingo." He muttered as he spotted a few footprints ahead of him. He ran in the direction they pointed, heart pounding in his chest.
"Edmund!"

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆