In the middle

Edmund bit his lip. "My scar." He repeated. "It was bleeding."
Peter took a deep breath. "Let me see." He whispered, voice cracking.
Edmund slowly pulled away from Peter and lifted up his shirt slightly.
Peter held his breath as he caught sight of Edmund's stomach. The scar was sure enough bleeding, or at least had been bleeding.
Edmund sighed, looking up at his brother. Peter looked up at him too, a sad look in his eyes as he forced back the tears. "I - I don't know why it's bleeding." He said.
Edmund sighed. "I thought maybe it was because I fell down the hill." He said. "Because it wasn't exactly healed properly before."
Peter nodded. "That sounds right." He said before he remembered something. His eyes went wide as he quickly looked around the surrounding woods.
"What?" Edmund asked, frowning.
Peter turned slowly back to Edmund, biting his lip.
"Peter?" Edmund asked warily. "What's wrong?"
Peter took a deep breath, knowing that he had to tell Edmund, he needed to know.
He took a deep breath. "We found out who left the notes." He said.
Edmund's face fell. "Who?" He asked in barely a whisper.
"Two of the witches followers." Peter forced out.
Edmund's eyes went wide. "Really?" He said.
Peter nodded. "A hag and a wolf." He told him.
Edmund just nodded, waiting.
"But-" Peter went to say but was cut off by Edmund taking a deep breath. "But." He muttered, an almost scared tone to his voice.
"But." Peter sighed. "They came to the castle the day you left. They wanted something."
Edmund frowned. "What did they want?" He asked.
Peter hesitated. "You." He eventually said.
Edmund froze, going a ghostly white as he stared at Peter. "M-Me?" He stuttered.
Peter nodded slowly.
"Why?" Edmund asked quickly.
"They want to-" Peter stopped dead. He shook his head, Edmund had to know. "They want to - to kill you." He said.
Edmund's eyes filled with tears as he was unable to hide the scared expression that was now on his face. "Kill me?" He whispered.
Peter nodded slowly. "Hmm." He replied.
Edmund took a deep breath.
"I found you first, luckily." Peter said. "But they're still searching for you."
Edmund bit his lip, looking beyond worried.
"But I won't let them have you Ed." Peter said quickly. "I promise."
Edmund took a deep shaky breath and forced a smile for Peter, even though he felt like he was going to throw up.
He turned to Peter and buried his face into his chest, wrapping his arms tightly around his waist.
Peter smiled sadly as he pulled Edmund close. "I promise." He repeated in a whisper.

☆☆☆

"Where are they!" Lucy said, sighing.
"We'll find them Lucy." Susan said confidently. "I know we will."
Lucy sighed again as they carried on walking. "I wonder what the others thought when they found out we'd gone." She said.
Susan bit her lip. "They probably know where we've gone." She said. "And they're probably looking for us as we speak."
Lucy nodded slowly. "Probably." She said.
The two carried on in silence but we're stopped dead in their tracks when they heard a wolf howl.
"Susan?" Lucy said, her voice shaking. "That's a wolf."
"I - I know." Susan said, taking a deep breath as she placed an arrow on her bow. Lucy brought out her dagger, but her hands were visibly shaking.
"How close do you think it is?" She asked as the two slowly began to walk again.
"It didn't sound too close." Susan breathed.
Lucy nodded slowly. "Do you think Peter's found Edmund yet?" She asked quickly.
Susan took a deep breath. "I hope so." She muttered.
Lucy sighed. "Me too."

☆☆☆

"Do you think you can walk?" Peter asked as he slowly stood.
Edmund shrugged. "I don't know." He said quietly. "But there's only one way to find out." He added as he pushed himself to his feet. He gasped though as he hit his arm against a tree and almost fell back to the floor again.
Almost. Peter quickly reached out a grabbed him, wrapping an arm around his waist. He sighed. "That arm should be in a sling." He muttered.
Edmund bit his lip as he forced himself to stay standing. "It's fine." He said.
"No it's not Ed." Peter said, staring at him. "You dislocated it."
Edmund sighed. "Let's just go." He said as he took a step forward.
Peter kept an arm around his brothers waist for support as they walked, well, Edmund more limped, at a very slowly pace.
Peter heard Edmund take a deep shaky breath as he walked. "Ed?" He asked. "Are you okay?"
Edmund took another extremely deep breath. "Yeah." He said as he limped.
"Why don't I just carry you." Peter suggested.
Edmund raised an eyebrow.
"How else do you think you got this far?" Peter said. "Sleepwalking?"
Edmund sighed. "You carried me?" He said.
"I had no choice Ed." Peter whispered.
Edmund looked down. "So you can't carry me anymore."
"Says who?" Peter said.
"Says me." Edmund replied. "If I'm too old for a piggy back then I'm too old for you to carry me." He said.
"Ed-"
"Peter, you're not carrying me." Edmund cut in. "You'll exhaust yourself."
"But you're exhausting yourself!" Peter protested.
Edmund sighed. "Oh well." He muttered under his breath so that Peter couldn't hear him.
"I-" Peter went to say, but stopped dead when he heard a twig snap.
He drew his sword, keeping an arm around Edmund protectively.
"What was that?" Edmund asked, still looking rather wary of Peter's sword, but telling himself that he was just being silly.
"I don't know." Peter replied.
But his face fell as he saw the wolf and the hag walk into the small clearing in front of them.
Edmund's grip on Peter got considerable tighter as they stood in front of them.
"Well you won." The wolf growled as Peter held his sword out in front of him. "But I'm taking the prize."
"Over my dead body!" Peter spat, taking a small step in front of Edmund.
Edmund felt weak, he stared at the wolf and the hag, gripping onto Peter, trying his best to stay standing.
The hag laughed at Peter. "We can do whatever we want." She said evily.
"Anything but take my brother." Peter said.
"Edmund! Peter!" Came a voice from behind the wolf and hag.
Peter's head snapped up to see Lucy and Susan walking up behind them.
The hag instantly turned around, warning the girls not to go a step further.
So here they stood. Peter and Edmund one side. Susan and Lucy on the other. And the wolf and hag in the middle.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡
Important!!
Okay guys, I have a feeling that this is going to be my last update for two weeks. I'm going away to Africa to do charity work and definitely won't have time to update this story. I'm sorry I left it on a cliffhanger! I just hope you'll stick around until I update again! Two weeks. (Fingers crossed)