Choice

Edmund shifted uncomfortably. It must be morning by now, he thought.
He sighed, staring at the iron doors to the cell, waiting for them to open.
He looked down as his stomach rumbled. He was starving, and extremely thirsty.
He glanced over at the plate to the side of him. But he'd learnt from the first time not to even touch the food because of how horrible it tasted. And the water wasn't much use either, it was frozen solid.
He sighed, knowing he was getting weak from not eating or drinking. His head fell against the wall again as he sighed.
He wanted food, he wanted water, he wanted for the pain to end. He wanted Susan and Lucy. But mostly he wanted Peter.
His head snapped up when the doors to his cell finaly flew open. His heart pounded as he watched the hag and the wolf walk in, evil smirks on their faces. Edmund frowned in confusion when he saw that the hag was carrying a plate covered with a cloth.
She caught him looking and smiled. "You want to know what's under the cloth?" She asked.
Edmund hesitated. Did he? He was always a curious boy, not as curious as Lucy, but curious enough. He stared at the plate before looking back up at the hag.
"Well, we'll tell you anyway." The wolf laughed.
Edmund raised an eyebrow, it was pretty obvious that they were going to show him.
"Don't look at us like that." The hag said calmly, causing Edmund to frown.
"Now." The wolf said. "If you eat whatever's on this plate, then we'll leave you alone until tonight."
Edmund sighed in relief. Eat. Leave you alone til tonight. He couldn't help but smile slightly. "I'll eat." He said eagerly.
The hag laughed. "Good answer." She said as she pulled the cloth away and threw it on the floor.
Edmund froze as he saw what was on the plate. Of course, it couldn't of been anything else. He felt like he was going to throw up as he stared at the Turkish delight. Each piece sticky and sweet and covered in icing sugar. There were five pieces.
"You eat all five, and we'll leave you." The wolf said, staring hard at Edmund.
"All five?" Edmund choked in disbelief.
The hag nodded. "All five." She said.
Edmund hesitated. "And if I don't?" He asked slowly.
The hag smirked. "If you don't, then the pain will be so much that you'll be wishing you were dead." She said darkly.
Edmund took a deep breath. It was only a bit of Turkish delight. It was his favourite sweet. Was. Edmund sighed. It had been his favourite, but now just looking at it was bringing back so many bad memories. He'd chose this over his family. Tears appeared in his eyes as he stared at the plate.
"So." The wolf said. "What will it be."
Edmund hesitated. He was already in enough pain, he didn't need to be in any more. He couldn't even move due to the pain. He continued staring at the plate, deciding.
The hag tutted. She walked over to Edmund and grabbed his dislocated arm, twisting it behind his back.
Edmund screamed out in pain before shouting: "Alright! I'll eat it!" He sobbed.
The hag smirked as she dropped his arm, walking back to the wolf.
Edmund gasped again as he gripped his arm. He just wanted someone to put it back in to place. He let out a small sob as he looked up at the hag, who placed the plate in front of him.
"All five." She whispered evily.
Edmund held his breath as he slowly picked up the first piece.
He stared at it, feeling extremely sick.
"Anything you'd like to eat?" "Turkish delight?"
"Because he turned you in for sweeties."

He shook the memories from his head and, squeezing his eyes tightly shut bit into the first piece.

☆☆☆

"Done." Edmund breathed as he leant back against the wall, taking a deep breath as he tried not to throw up.
"Now, that wasn't so bad was it." The hag laughed.
Edmund just ignored her, trying to get the taste out of his mouth, but with no success.
"Whatever you do don't be sick." The wolf tutted.
"It would be your fault if I did." Edmund spat.
The wolf glared at him. "And why would it be my fault?" He asked.
Edmund hesitated before taking a deep breath. "You're the one that made me eat it." He said.
"We didn't make you do anything." The hag stepped in. "We gave you a choice."
Edmund snorted. "Yeah. And who in their right mind would pick the other option." He said. "You're both evil."
The hag glared hard at him. "Don't you take that attitude with me." She whispered.
Edmund narrowed his eyes. "Who says I have to listen to you." He spat.
The hag stood up straight. "Well then, we might just have to teach you some manners. And teach you how to respect your betters."
"Maybe I should teach you the same thing." Edmund said, heart beginning to pound. What an earth was he saying?!
The hag stared at him before leaving the cell, only to return five minutes later with her whip in her hand.
Edmund's eyes went wide. "No." He whispered. "You said if I ate the Turkish delight you'd leave me alone!"
The hag laughed. "That was before you spoke to me like that." She said.
"Please." Edmund begged. "You said-"
"I don't care what I said!" The hag screamed. "You speak to me like that and you pay!"
Edmund squeezed his eyes shut as the hag raised her whip above her head, waiting for it to hit him.
He screamed in pain as it did, eyes snapping open.
The hag hit him again, the end of the whip catching the side of his neck.
He gasped, tears rolling down his cheeks as he tried to keep his breathing even.
He took a deep breath, bracing himself. He knew that things were about to get alot worse.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆