A shock

"My police, tore that dam apart"
"Where is Aslan?"
"You're here, because he turned you in, for sweeties"
"Edmund misses his family"
"Thank you Edmund"
"Think about who's side you're on Edmund, mine, or theirs"
"Special treatment for the special boy, isn't that what you wanted?"
"Everything traitor belongs to me, his blood is my property."
"That boy will die on the stone table, as is tradition."

Edmund awoke with a start. He gasped slightly as he sat up in bed. Where'd Peter and Susan go?
He started panicking, glancing at the clock. Midday.
He quickly climbed out of bed, pulling the covers off of him and practical throwing them on the floor.
Grabbing his crown he placed it on his head and ran off to find Peter.
He sighed after ten minutes of searching, managing to calm down a little. It had just been a dream, he kept telling himself, just a dream.
After a few more minutes he still hadn't found his brother. where was he?
He rounded a corner and bumped into Mr.Tumnus, who was muttering to himself as he walked.
"Um, Mr.Tumnus?" Edmund asked.
Mr.Tumnus looked up and half smiled. "Yes, King Edmund?" He asked.
"Er, have you seen Peter anywhere?" Edmund asked slowly.
"He's just gone to wake you up I think." Mr.Tumnus replied. "But I see now that he doesn't have to." He added with a smile.
Edmund smiled back. "Thank you." He said.
"Anytime." Mr.Tumnus called as Edmund ran back in the direction he'd just come.
He ran almost all the way back up to his room and pushed open the door.
To his relief Peter was stood beside the bed, a frown on his face. His head snapped up when he heard the door open, frown disappearing when he saw that it was Edmund.
"There you are." He said. "I just came to wake you."
Edmund took a deep breath before running across the room and into Peter's arms.
Peter, slightly shocked, wrapped his arms around Edmund's shoulders, frowning down at him. "What's wrong?" He asked worriedly.
Edmund sighed. "I had a dream." He muttered against Peter's chest.
Peter bit his lip, kissing the top of Edmund's head. "What about?" He asked slowly.
"All of it." Came Edmund's muffled reply.
Peter sighed. "It's alright." He whispered. "It was only a dream."
"But, it wasn't only a dream." Edmund said, looking up at Peter but keeping his arms wrapped tightly around his waist. "Because it actually did happen."
Peter took a deep breath. "Did happen Edmund." He reminded his brother. "But it's all over now, alright?"
Edmund nodded slowly, Peter was right, it had happened, but it was all over now.
Peter smiled at his little brother. "Now, how about lunch?"
Edmund smiled back at Peter. "Sounds great." He said.

☆☆☆

"I've planted the second note." The hag told the wolf.
The wolf smirked. "Very good." He answered.
"And this one is going to complety break him." The hag chuckled.
"Let's just hope you're right." The wolf said. "I'm counting on you."
The hag smirked. "Oh, you won't be disappointed."

☆☆☆

Edmund's face fell as he walked back into his room that night.
Peter had said that he had something to do and he'd be up shortly, leaving Edmund alone.
Edmund stared at his bed as he closed the door behind him.
His heart began to pound in his chest as he saw what was lying on his pillow.
A peice of paper. A piece of paper with his name on it.
Edmund slowly walked over to his bed, sitting down at the edge of it. He just sat there and stared at the paper for what seemed like forever.
Did he want to read it? Should he wait for Peter?
Edmund sighed as he decided. Picking up the note he slowly unfolded it. He frowned, the handwriting, it looked very familiar.
Edmund shook his head. If the note was signed by someone, he'd wait til after he'd read it to see who.
Still puzzled about the handwriting, he began to read, hands shaking as he held the note tightly in both hands.

Edmund,
The other note, I've been thinking, everything that it said was true. I mean, you did betray us for nothing more than a box of sweets. You told the witch where Aslan was, where everyone was. I see the truth now. You're a traitor. You don't deserve to be king. Nobody likes you, can't you see that by now? Surely, you can? I mean, of course you can, you just try to ignore them all.
All the times I've comforted you, I didn't actually mean any of the things I said. Why would I?
I lied to you, like you lied to me, lied to us, so many times.
I've said it once and I'll say it again, you're a traitor Edmund Pevensie. A traitor.

Edmund's hands were shaking as he read, the tears appearing in his eyes. He swallowed thickly as he looked down at the bottom of the note.
The name that he saw at the bottom caused his heart to shatter into a million pieces. He finaly let the tears fall down his cheeks. They landed on the paper, wetting it only a little bit.
Now it made sense, why he had recognised the handwriting.
Edmund sat there as he tried to keep his breathing under control. But he couldn't. Tears ran down his cheeks as he trembled. Why? Why do this to him? He could've just said, said when they were reunited again. But no! He had to leave it this long, pretend to be nice to him, comfort him. And in the end it had just been one huge lie.
Edmund looked at the name on the note again, vision blurry from the tears. But he could still read it.
The name it was signed with, the handwriting it was written in, made Edmund want to curl up in a ball and dissappear.
The note was signed,

Peter

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆