evening

Edmund groaned as he slowly opened his eyes. The first thing he felt was pain, followed by cold. He sighed slightly as he lay on the floor, unable at the moment to move. He gave it a few minutes before pushing himself upright to sit against the wall.
He tried his hardest to hold back a cry, and just about managed it.
His head fell against the wall as he let out a shaky breath, gripping his shoulder.
"Come on Pete." He muttered, head pounding. He just wanted to get out of there, he didn't know how long he could deal with the pain.
He sat up slightly, trying to get the shackles of his ankles, but it was pointless. He took a deep breath as a sharp pain shot through his stomach, followed by one going down his back.
He squeezed his eyes shut, trying to ignore the pain. After a while he opened them again, staring at the iron doors to the cell, waiting.
He thought it must be evening by now, and his heart was pounding.
He was proved right when all of a sudden he heard keys and into the room marched the wolf, followed by the hag.
Edmund was relieved to find that she had no whip with her, so relieved in fact he let out a sigh.
The hag heard and guessed why. "Oh I don't need the whip any more today." She smirked. "The wolf will be carrying out your torture for tonight."
Edmund took a deep breath, eyes scanning down to the wolf, who was smiling evily at him.
The hag slowly walked up to Edmund, staring at his chest and the lashes covering it.
"I did pretty well if I do say so myself." She laughed with a nod. "And oh did I enjoy it."
Edmund glared at her as all of a sudden the hag pulled him away from the wall. He gasped as the hag began to trace her fingers along the lashes on his back.
"Stop." He choked, squeezing his eyes shut against the pain.
The hag smirked and pressed harder on the lashes, causing Edmund to gasp sharply.
She stepped away after a while, smirking. "I must find something that will double the pain." She said. "Something I could maybe rub into the lashes?"
Edmund took a deep breath, opening his eyes slowly.
"You can do that when I'm done." The wolf growled. "It's my turn now."
The hag sighed. "Whatever."
Edmund watched as the wolf stepped twords him.
He sat in front of Edmund before raising one paw off the floor, staring at it.
Edmund froze, knowing what was about to happen. He backed as far away to the wall as be could, ignoring the pain as the ice touched the lashes.
"You can't go very far." The wolf said. "So there's no point in trying." He approached Edmund, showing him his claws.
Edmund took a deep breath as the wolf gently pressed them to his stomach.
"Please don't." Edmund choked, his voice shaking.
"Why not?" The wolf laughed. "The hag got her turn. Now it's mine."
Edmund glared at him. But screamed as the wolf dug his claws into his stomach, slowly scratching them along.
The hag laughed as she watched, staring at the look of agony on Edmund's face.
The wolf eventually removed his claws from his stomach, but only to then slice him across the cheek.
Edmund gasped as he cried out, hand going up to his cheek, the same one as before.
After a few more scratches and even bites the wolf slowly stepped away.
Edmund sat against the wall, having no energy to even move. He forced his eyes to stay open even as tears ran down his cheeks.
"See, I knew he'd cry eventually." The hag laughed.
Edmund took a deep breath.
"And this won't be the last time he does either." The wolf added before he turned to leave.
The hag followed on behind.
"When do we tell him?" The hag asked once they were out of the dungeons.
"Well, we'll do it tomorrow night." The wolf said. "So, tomorrow night."
"Hmm. Keeping it a surprise are we?" The hag nodded.
The wolf smirked at her. "Course."
"I can't believe we didn't know about it before now." The hag said.
"Hmm." The wolf nodded. "And to think, we were going to kill him!"
There was silence for a while before the hag stopped walking. "Oh." She said. "I was supposed to find something to rub into those lashes."
The wolf laughed. "Let me think." He said. "Salt? Or lemon juice?"
The hag smiled evily. "That is a great idea." She said. "I'll be back." And then she walked back to the dungeons.
The wolf listened as he heard the cell doors open. He waited for a few moments before he heard the agonising screams. He nodded to himself. The hag really was very clever. He smirked before heading off down the corridor.

☆☆☆

Peter walked quickly through the woods. He'd forgotten how long the journey actually was, even though he'd only walked it two weeks ago.
He sighed. He hadn't even come to the river yet. But surely he should be there soon.  He blinked when he came into a small clearing. He was staring at the river.
He almost laughed. But his smile faded when he realised the only way across was swimming.
He sighed as he walked to the rivers edge. He then looked down at his bag, making sure it was secure and nothing inside would get too wet.
After nodding slightly to himself he dived head first into the water.
Surfacing, he made his way across. It certainly helped that he was a strong swimmer, otherwise he doubted that he'd of gotten across.
After a while he pulled himself up onto dry land, lying down to catch his breath.
Running a hand through his now soaked hair, he slowly stood and began walking again.
He climbed up a hill and came to a small clearing overlooking the river and the waterfall.
His face fell though when he spotted something.
Slowly waking over he knelt in front of the stone fox, sighing as he placed a hand on its shoulder.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡