They'll find a way

Susan stared at the spot where her little brother had been only moments before, tears in her eyes.
She felt Lucy cling on to her as she looked over to Peter, who was on the floor, hands covering his face.
She sighed as she carefully removed Lucy's arms from around her waist and walked over, kneeling in front of her older brother. "Peter?"
Peter sniffed, slowly looking up at Susan, tears rolling down his cheeks.
Susan sighed. "We'll find him." She said, trying to stay positive.
"How?" Peter choked as Lucy knelt beside him and put an arm around his shoulders.
Susan bit her lip. "We'll find him." She whispered.
Peter shook his head. "I'd only just found him." He said. "And now he's gone again."
Lucy rested her head on Peter's shoulder as her eyes filled with tears again.
"That's three times in the past two weeks he's gone missing." Peter choked, sniffing. "Three." He repeated in a whisper. His face darkened. "And they're all because of her." He spat.
"Peter-" Susan sighed.
"No. The first time it was her fault for tricking him. The reason he ran away was because he felt guilty for what he'd done, which wasn't his fault, but hers. And now her followers have kidnapped him because she gave them orders to kill him."
Susan stared at him, taking a deep breath. "She's dead. She can never hurt him again." She said slowly.
Peter snorted. "Try telling that to him." He said.
Lucy frowned. "What do you mean?" She asked.
Peter sighed. "He's still terrified that she'll come back." He said. "I don't think he actually fully believes that she's dead." He added quietly.
Susan sighed.
"And anyway," Peter said. "She might not be able to hurt him, but they can."
Lucy bit her lip, buring her face into Peter's neck. "Why did he do that?" She whispered.
"Do what?" Susan questioned.
"Save us." Lucy mumbled.
Peter sighed. "He loves us." He said. "That's why. He loves us so much he'd give his life for us." He paused. "I should know." He whispered.
Susan frowned. "What do you mean?" She asked.
Peter took a deep breath. "You haven't heard exactly what happend at Beruna have you?" He said.
Both Susan and Lucy shook their heads.
"You or him can never tell us." Susan said, remembering every time she'd asked either one. They'd both froze and their eyes has filled with tears. After a few days she'd decided to leave them for a while before asking again.
"I only know that Edmund smashed the witches wand and then- well..." Lucy trailed off.
Peter sighed. "I should know-" He continued. "Because he smashed the witches wand to save my life."
Susan's face fell. "What?" She whispered.
Peter nodded. "The witch was heading twords me, going to turn me into stone but Edmund stopped her. He smashed her wand." He sighed.
"Oh yeah!" Lucy said suddenly. "I remember you saying about it when you had a go at the Narnians. You remember? The day after our coronation."
Peter nodded slowly. "But I didn't tell you that she stabbed him with the remains of her wand." He said slowly.
Susan's eyes went wide. "She used her wand!" She said in horror.
Peter nodded, remembering the look on Edmund's face all too vividly.
He cringed, squeezing his eyes shut. He could almost hear him struggling to breath and almost feel blood on his hands.
Peter's eyes snapped open quickly, gasping slightly. 
Susan squeezed his shoulder comfortingly.
"I won't lose him." Peter said after a while. "Not again."
Susan nodded. "We won't. We're going to find him and get him back."
Peter gave Susan a small smile. "I know."

☆☆☆

Edmund shivered as he was pushed into the dungeons of the witches castle by the hag.
The wolf followed on behind, growling slightly at him and showing his sharp teeth.
Edmund winced as he was thrown to the floor, hitting his shoulder.
The hag quickly put shackles around his ankles and stood by the wolf.
"To be honest." The wolf smirked. "You were a lot easier to kidnapped than I'd thought."
Edmund glared at them, the shackles already digging into his ankles and causing pain.
"Turns out." The hag laughed. "That all we had to do was threaten to hurt your Sisters or your brother, and you would've quiet happily handed yourself over."
Edmund sighed, looking down at his lap.
"We should've just done that in the first place." The wolf growled.
Edmund looked back up at them. "Do you actually think that they're just going to leave me here?" He said, trying not to look as scared as he felt. "With you?"
The hag sighed in frustration. "He's right." She said, turning to the wolf.
The wolf smirked. "Okay then. Double the guards. Make sure no one can even get into the courtyard." He said. "There's no way that your family is getting you back."
Edmund glared at them both. He kept telling himself that Peter would find a way - hopefully. He sighed, causing the wolf to grin.
"He's sad." He mocked.
The hag just laughed evily, watching as Edmund looked down at the floor.
"We shall leave now." The hag said.
Edmund couldn't help the relieved look that made its way onto his face when she said this.
But the wolf laughed. "Don't look so relieved." He said. "We'll be down again soon."
Edmund's heart skipped a beat as he watched the wolf and the hag leave him, locking the iron doors behind him.
Edmund's eyes filled with tears. He'd hoped to never return to the witches castle, yet here he was, once again shackled to the floor in her dungeons.
His hand went to his cheek, feeling the long scratch going across it. He flinched at the pain as his fingers went wet with blood. He cringed as he remembered Peter's scream when the wolf had done it. It broke his heart.
He sighed, shivering with cold and with fear as pain shot through his arm.
It scared him that they weren't going to kill him straight away, he'd thought that what the witch did to him was bad enough. Which, it was. But they'd said that this time it would be twice as bad.
He shuddered. Peter would find him. He kept telling himself this over and over again in his head until he was satisfied that he believed himself.
But until he did, he just had to sit and wait.
He told himself that at least the girls were safe. He cringed at the thought of what would've happend to them if he hadn't stopped the wolf.
"They'll find a way." Edmund muttered quietly.
He sighed, pulling his knees up to his chest and hugging himself tightly to keep warm.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡