Please

"And, you can do that?" Asked the wolf.
The hag nodded. "Yes. But only once."
"Once might just be enough to give him that nudge he so clearly needs." The wolf spat.
"When shall I make it happen?" The hag asked.
The wolf thought for a minute. "Midnight." Was the answer.
The hag nodded. "Let's just hope they think one of the Narnians did it." She said.
"Can Narnians do magic though?" The wolf questioned.
The hag nodded. "Anyone can do magic." She said. "As long as you have the right spell and know how to say it properly."
The wolf smirked. "If he thinks one of the Narnians did it, he'll come with us."
"When will we kidnap him?" The hag said.
"Three days from now." The wolf said darkly.
The hag nodded. "Three days." She copied.
"Shall we leave a note?" The hag asked after a few minutes of silence.
The wolf nodded. "Yes." He said. "The more scared we make him, the better." He growled. "I like it when he's scared." He added.
"You've seen him before?" The hag questioned.
"Oh yes." The wolf smirked. "Actually. The 'high king' killed my brother not too long ago. Because of what he did to the boy."
The hag took a deep breath. "Then he must pay!" She said angrily.
"No!" The wolf growled. "Leave him. We're after the traitor and no one else."
The hag nodded slowly. "So, you were with Jadis at her camp I suppose."
The wolf nodded. "Yes." He replied. "And I watched my brother claw and bite the little traitor. Standing by Jadis' side as she watched too."
The hag laughed evily. "I bet you enjoyed that."
"Hmm." The wolf smirked. "Now, cast the spell and leave him the note."

☆☆☆

"Traitor"
"Traitor"
"Traitor"

Edmund awoke with a start, eyes brimming with tears. He sat up in bed, being careful not to wake Peter, and listened.

"Traitor"

Edmund squeezed his eyes shut, covering his ears as he tried to block out the whisper.

"Traitor"

Edmund let out a sob, the tears making their way down his cheeks.
"Edmund?"
Edmund turned around to see Peter, staring at him with a confused look on his face.
"What's wrong?" Peter asked.
"Can't you hear it?" Edmund asked, voice shaking.
"Hear what?" Peter questioned.

"Traitor"

"That! The whisper." Edmund said, taking a deep breath.
"I can't hear anything Ed." Peter told his brother.

"Traitor!!"

Edmund flinched. "There it is again." He said, looking at Peter with wide eyes.
"Ed, I really can't hear anything." Peter said.
Edmund sighed as he listened more. But the whisper seemed to of stopped, much to Edmund's relief.
"You couldn't hear it?" He said, rather confused.
Peter shook his head. "No." He sighed. "What did it say?"
Edmund swallowed thickly. "What it said the first time. Traitor." He said quitely.
Peter bit his lip. "It's stopped now?" He asked
Edmund nodded. "Yeah."
Peter sighed. "Let me know if you hear it again, okay?" He said, placing a hand on Edmund's knee.
Edmund nodded at him. "I will." He replied.
Peter smiled. "Right. Get changed and we'll go and have breakfast."
Edmund nodded as he climbed out of the bed and walked over to the wardrobe. As he opened it though, a piece of paper floated out and landed on the floor.
Edmund's face fell as he saw his name written on it. "P-Pete?" He said, voice shaking as he bent down and picked up the note.
Peter looked up at his brother, frowning. "Yeah?" He asked.
Edmund showed Peter the note, causing Peter to walk across the room and stand in front of Edmund.
"Another note." He sighed.
Edmund's swallowed thickly. "S-Shall I read it?" He asked hesitantly.
Peter nodded. "Do it." He said.
Edmund took a deep breath as he unfolded the note and began silently reading.

Edmund,
How can you not get it?! We hate you! You betrayed us! All of us! You told the witch where we were! How can someone love a traitor. But I see it's going to take a lot more than just a fake note from your brother to get you to see that.
So, do you know what's going to happen?
Tonight, at midnight, you'll receive exactly the same wound as the witch gave you at Beruna.
Unfortunately for me, but fortunately for you, I can only do it once. The Magic won't work twice, you see.
Maybe this will get you to see that we don't want you as our king, we don't want you at all.

Edmund dropped the note, visibly shaking, tears rolled down his cheeks. "No." He whispered.
"Ed?" Peter asked cautiously. He bent down and picked up the note, casting Edmund another glance before reading it.
His breathing got heavier as he finished. His head snapped up to look at Edmund when he heard his brother let out a choked noise.
"Ed?" He said, voice shaking with fear.
Edmund looked up at Peter, tears pouring down his cheeks. He flung his arms around Peter's waist.
"I-I don't want it to-to happen again!" He sobbed.
Peter's eyes filled with tears as he hugged Edmund back.
"It-it was horrible! It was agony! I couldn't breath! The pain was unbearable! I was choking. I couldn't feel anything!"
Peter let out a sob. Why would someone do this? To his little brother?
"I don't want it to happen again!" Edmund repeated, sobbing into Peter's chest. His breathing was quickening up, sweat appearing on his forehead as the tears stained his face.
"Shh." Peter whispered. What could he do? He couldn't just do nothing! But, how an earth was he supposed to stop this! Peter let out a small sob as he buried his face into Edmund's hair.
"Please." Edmund begged, sobbing. "Don't let it happen again."
Peter took a deep, shaky breath as he listened to his brothers sobs. It was heartbreaking.
"Please." Edmund gasped. "Please."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆