Footprints

Peter grabbed his sword and the bag with the food in it.
He slung the bag over his shoulder, walking to the door.
He slowly turned the door handle, opening the door slightly and peeking out.
After checking that the coast was clear he nodded to himself before sneaking through the corridors. He reached a small side door, the same one as Edmund had, and quickly opened it and stepped outside.
After closing the door behind him him ran through the gardens and out into the woods.
He stopped in his tracks, looking around the woods in a hope that he would spot Edmund.
He sighed, that was obviously not going to happen, Edmund was probably miles away by now.
He took a deep breath before waking into the woods.

☆☆☆

"That boy, will die on the stone table, as is tradition."
"Enough, I shall talk with you alone."
Edmund turned to Peter once the two were in the tent, fear evident on his face.
Peter took a deep breath, not taking his eyes off of Aslan's tent.
Edmund sunk to the ground, ripping up bits of grass. His siblings soon joined him, each had worried expression on their faces.
Edmund's head snapped up when he heard Jadis exit the tent. He was on his feet within seconds, as were Peter, Susan and Lucy.
He watched, holding his breath as Jadis walked twords him.
And, so quick that nobody could stop her, she reached out and grabbed Edmund, pulling him away from his siblings.
"Edmund!" Peter shouted, immediately drawing his sword and pointing it at the witch. "Let him go!" He said.
the witch laughed, pressing a small dagger to Edmund's neck.
"No." Jadis said simply. "He belongs to me."
Lucy looked twords Aslan's tent, hoping to see the lion. But he was no where in sight. She took a deep breath as she turned back to the witch, who had a tight grip on her brother.
Peter didn't know what to do. He couldn't do anything.
Edmund stared at Peter, eyes filling with tears as he felt the cold steel of the knife dig into the side of his neck.
"We shall leave now." Jadis smirked. "Lots to do. And don't even let me catch you following us. Otherwise you'll all pay."
And with that she dragged Edmund away.
Edmund cast one look back at his siblings. A tear rolled down his cheek as he saw Peter mouth "I love you, and I forgive you"
He watched as Peter broke down into tears, before he was pulled away from the camp by Jadis.

Edmund awoke with a start, gasping as he sat up.
He sat there, trembling with fear and with cold. He took deep breaths, trying to calm himself down.
He wanted Peter more than anything right now. But he wasn't here.
Edmund sighed as he swallowed thickly. He'd have to learn to deal with these nightmares, now that he was by himself, there was no one to comfort him and tell him that it wasn't real.
Edmund squeezed his eyes shut, holding back the tears. He could do it. Edmund nodded. Of course he could. Edmund stood up, deciding not to go back to sleep, there's no way he could cope with another nightmare at the moment.
He sighed to himself as he grabbed his sword and bag before he continued his journey.

☆☆☆

Peter squinted in the rising sun, covering his eyes with his hand as he walked through the woods.
He hadn't found Edmund yet, he didn't even know if he was going on the right direction. But still he carried on.
"Edmund!" He called as loud as he could. "Ed!" Peter took a deep breath when there was no answer. He shook his head, he wasn't going to give up, he would find Edmund, if it's the last thing he does.
Then something caught his eye. Just ahead of him, there was a tree, with a patch of mud in front of it. Peter almost fainted in relief when he saw two footprints in the mud.
He knelt down in front of it, knowing instantly that they were Edmund's footprints.
He smiled, he was going the right way.
His smile disappeared though when he saw a small amount of blood on the floor. He held his breath, heart pounding in his chest.
If he knew it was just blood from a scratch on Edmund's knee he would of felt better, but he didn't, and he was now worried, really worried.
He looked up and scanned the surrounding area. He didn't exactly know what he was looking for, maybe more clues to where Edmund had gone? He sighed, he doubted he'd find any anyway.
After a few more minutes he once again stood, and continued walking, glad that he at least knew that he was going the right way.

☆☆☆

Edmund sighed to himself as he walked, enjoying the heat of the sun that was shining through the trees.
He stopped dead in his tracks though when he heard a howl.
He slowly drew his sword, hands visibly shaking.
He looked around the woods, trying his best to stay calm, it was only a wolf.
Edmund almost laughed at what he was telling himself. Only a wolf. He knew there was no point in denying it, he was terrified of wolves, which was partly annoying cause they used to be one of his favourite animals before - before the witch.
Edmund held his breath as he stood and listened, his heart pounding in his chest.
After five minutes of hearing absolute silence, he managed to calm down a little bit. And after a few more minutes he plucked up enough courage to start walking again.
He heard a twig snap and jumped, sighing when he found out that he'd been the one to break the twig.
He swallowed thickly as he continued his journey, sword still held out in front of him and eyes darting around the woods. But of course he never saw anything.
After half an hour Edmund slowly sheathed his sword, able to stop trembling now, and, taking a deep breath, continued.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆