The whisper

The two pulled apart when the doors opened.
Lucy came running into the room, shutting the door behind her. When she turned back around she beamed.
"Edmund!" She said. "You're aw-" She stopped dead.
Edmund frowned before following her eyes, down to his chest.
He gasped and grabbed his shirt from where it lay on the bed, covering the scratches with it.
"Edmund?" Lucy whispered, slowly walking over to her brothers. "What were those?"
Peter bit his lip.
"N-Nothing." Edmund stuttered.
Lucy frowned. "Well, there was something there." She said before she gasped.
Edmund took a deep breath, knowing that Lucy had guessed.
"The wolf?" She asked in a whisper.
Edmund sighed. "Yeah." He said, slowly removing the shirt and placing it back on the bed again.
Lucy stared at the scratches going across Edmund's chest before she looked slowly down at his arm, and at the teeth marks.
"The wolf was telling the truth?" Lucy said, looking back up at Edmund.
Edmund only nodded, leaning back against Peter. 
Peter shook his head at Lucy, telling her to say no more about it. Lucy smiled slightly at him in reply before sitting on the bed.
"Where's Susan?" Peter asked.
Lucy smiled. "Turns out we were needed to try on dresses." She said. "I've finished. Susan hasn't, although, I don't think she really minds."
Edmund smiled. "Course she doesn't." He laughed.
Peter nodded. "Will she come up here when she's finished?" He asked.
Lucy nodded. "Yes." She said. "She said she won't be too long."
As if on queue the door opened and in walked Susan. She smiled when she saw her siblings. But he eyes narrowed when she spotted Lucy.
"Why are you up here?" She said. "You're supposed to be with the dress maker."
Peter and Edmund frowned at her.
"I got bored." She said as she gave her siblings a sheepish look.
they stared at her for a moment before Edmund laughed.  "Don't ever change Lucy." He said.
Lucy smirked. "I'm not planning to." She said.
Susan shook her head in an amused way before joining her siblings on the bed.
Her eyes narrowed once again when she spotted the scratches going across her little brother's  chest.
Peter caught her looking and quickly shook his head.
Susan looked away before Edmund could spot her and sighed.

☆☆☆

Edmund slowly awoke. He blinked. It was pitch black.
He rolled onto his side as he rubbed his eyes. Strange, this was the first time since he was rescued from the witch that he hadn't been awoken by a nightmare.
He sighed, knowing it was probably a one off thing and that he'd dream again tomorrow night. 
He lay there, staring at the wall. His hand slowly made its way to his chest, flinching as he layed his hand flat against it.
It hurt, it really, really hurt. Edmund bit his lip. He told himself that he shouldn't complain, after all, wasn't it partly his fault?
Edmund sighed moving his hand down to his stomach, placing it over the scar. The scar. From when the witch had stabbed him with the broken remains of his wand. He'd never admit it to his siblings, especially not Peter, how much pain it caused him.
It was throbbing now, which was probably what had awoken him.
Edmund sighed, of course it was what had awoken him, what else would've?
He lay there, trying his best to ignore the pain, when he heard it.
It wasn't that loud, barely more than a whisper, but he had definitely heard something. A word.
Edmund listened with a pounding heart. There it was again. The whisper kept repeating itself, over and over again.
"Traitor"
Edmund took a deep breath, buring his face into the pillows to block it out. What was it? Who was it?
After a while Edmund frowned. It had stopped, just like that.
He slowly sat up in bed, hesitantly looking around the room.
His heart skipped a beat. There was no one there. No one except Peter, but he was fast asleep in his bed.
Edmund was getting scared. There was no one besides his brother in the room. Then, who had been whispering? It definitely hadn't been his mind playing tricks on him. He'd heard the whisper as clear as day.
So, if it wasn't his mind, and it wasn't Peter, and it obviously wasn't him, then... who was it?
Edmund took a shaky breath, not daring to move as he listened. But there was nothing to listen to.
Edmund swallowed thickly, pulling the blanket off of him. He swung his legs over the side of the bed, placing his bare feet on the carpeted floor.
He stood slowly, and with his heart pounding in his chest, walked over to Peter's bed.
He carefully climbed in, getting under the covers, feeling at once warm and comforted.
He was just about to close his eyes when he heard someone whisper his name.
Edmund jumped and would of screamed if Peter hadn't of wrapped his hand around Edmund's mouth.
Edmund struggled against his grip, not knowing who it was, was it a friend or an enemy?
"Edmund!" A voice said in a whisper. "Geez Edmund! It's only me!"
Edmund relaxed as he looked up and into Peter's eyes.
Peter, satisfied that Edmund wasn't going to scream, slowly removed his hand.
"Who did you think I was?" He asked.
Edmund took a deep breath. 'The person who was whispering' he thought, but kept his mouth shut. He wouldn't tell Peter now, not in the middle of the night. No, he'd have to wait til morning.
Edmund shrugged as he lay back down, Peter following.
"Are you okay Ed?" Peter asked.
Edmund nodded. "Yeah, just- Um-" He paused. "Just a bad dream." He lied, hoping Peter couldn't see the guilty look on his face.
Peter sighed. "Come here." He said, before pulling Edmund into a hug.
Edmund smiled slightly as he rested his head against Peter's chest, falling asleep almost instantly.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆