Scream

Peter's heart broke as the first thing Edmund did when he awoke was groan in pain.
He sat and waited as Edmund's eyes opened partly, a frown making its way onto his face. At feeling someone's arm around his shoulders, Edmund turned his head to the side, causing it to start pounding and his vision go blury.
Peter held his breath as Edmund turned to face him. But as soon as he caught sight of him, his eyes went wide and a scared expression made its way onto his face. Edmund panicked as he went to try and get away, only to be grabbed by Peter.
Edmund gasped painfully as he struggled against Peter's grip.
"Edmund it's me." Peter said quickly. "Peter."
Edmund at once stopped trying to get away and turned extremely slowly back to his brother.
At seeing the still rather wary look on Edmund's face, Peter slowly let go of his brother. "I'm not going to hurt you." He said slowly. "I promise."
Edmund licked his lips, still looking rather scared and wary of his brother.
"Edmund I mean it." Peter said, trying to get his brother to see that it was him. "I won't hurt you." He repeated.
Edmund stared at him for a moment before his eyes looked down at the sword hanging from Peter's belt, and then the one on the floor beside him.
Peter frowned as a terrified look once again made its way onto Edmund's face. Following his gaze down to his sword he sighed. Very slowly he placed his hand around the sheath of the sword.
Almost as soon as he did, Edmund backed away and would've ran away if Peter hadn't quickly grabbed his arm. He gave his brother a sad look before slowly taking the sword off his belt and placing it on the floor, away from reaching distance.
Edmund watched, his heart pounding, eyes filling with tears. 
Peter did the same with Edmund's sword, putting it on top of his before turning back to his brother. "There." He said sadly.
Peter saw Edmund visibly relax, if only a little bit.
Edmund stared at Peter for a moment, a look of realisation making its way slowly onto his face. "P-Pete?" He choked, barely able to get the word past his lips.
Peter nodded. "It's me Ed." He said sadly.
Edmund stared at him, a look of hope, fear and pain on his face. Within two seconds though the look of fear had disappeared and he was in Peter's arms, properly sobbing as he gripped him tightly with one arm.
Peter bit his lip as he wrapped his arms around Edmund's shoulder, beginning to whisper comfortingly in his ear. "Everything's alright Ed." He said.
"I-I'm So-Sorry." Edmund said, his voice cracking as he forced the words from his mouth.
"Shh." Peter muttered. "You don't need to talk." He began to gently rock Edmund, pulling him close as he continued to whisper.
Edmund slowly pulled away with a groan, gripping his arm.
"It's dislocated?" Peter said, sighing.
Edmund just nodded, staring up at Peter with tears in his eyes.
"I'm gonna have to put it back into place." Peter said cautiously.
Edmund immediately backed away, a look of fear on his face.
"Edmund." Peter said quickly. "The pain's gonna get alot worse if I don't."
Edmund stared at Peter, looking down at his arm before sighing, clearly giving Peter permission.
Peter smiled sadly as he sat behind Edmund. Now he just had to remember how to do it. His thoughts went back to school as he tried to remember. He eventually nodded to himself as he placed his hands on Edmund's shoulder. "Ready?" He asked.
Edmund hesitantly nodded.
"I'll count down from three, okay?"
Edmund nodded again, taking a deep breath as his eyes squeezed shut.
"3." Peter began, also taking a deep breath, what was he doing? He'd never actually put a shoulder back into place before! But he had no choice. He sighed, thinking the element of surprise might be useful, what with the amount of pain Edmund was in already. He nodded.
"Two." And then he did it, cringing as he heard the crack.
Edmund's eyes went wide as he screamed.
Peter's eyes filled with tears. "All done." He said comfortingly as he pulled Edmund close.
Edmund gasped as he started sobbing, buring his face against Peter's chest. Peter heard Edmund take several deep breaths, tears rolling down his cheeks.
"Shh." Peter muttered, trying to calm Edmund down.
Edmund struggled to catch his breath, trying to ignore the agonising pain in his shoulder.
He gasped, gripping Peter's shirt sleeve as tightly as he could as Peter continued whispering to him.
"I need to check if it's back in place properly Ed." Peter whispered when Edmund's breathing became more even.
Edmund sighed as he slowly pulled away.
Peter's heart broke at the tears on his cheeks as he carefully felt Edmund's shoulder. "I think it's okay." He muttered.
Edmund closed his eyes, head pounding as the pain worsened.
"It H-hurts." Edmund choked.
Peter sighed. "I know Ed." He whispered.
Edmund let out a sob as Peter looked up to his head. "Let me have a look at that gash." He said. "What happened?" He asked as Edmund slowly turned and let him look.
Edmund swallowed. "I-I hit my-my head on a- a rock." He said, gasping slightly as Peter placed his fingers to the gash.
"Sorry." Peter whispered, sighing. "Well you must of hit it hard. This is pretty deep."
Edmund sat there until he heard Peter swear under his breath.
"What?" He forced out.
"It's bleeding again." He said, grabbing a cloth from his bag and pressing it against the wound.
Edmund let out a small sob as his vision once again went blury. "I-I can't see." He said.
Peter frowned as he watched Edmund start breathing heavily. "Ed?" He asked worriedly.
"I-I can't breath." Edmund gasped.
Peter took a deep breath. "Edmund!" He shouted as Edmund suddenly collapsed against his chest, eyes closing.
Peter bit his lip in worry, keeping the cloth pressed against Edmund's head even as he pulled him close. He needed to get Edmund to Lucy's cordial, before it was too late.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡