I'm sorry

"So, you didn't leave the note?" Edmund said.
Peter shook his head. "No I didn't."
Edmund took a deep breath before he broke down crying.
Peter sighed, pulling Edmund into a tight hug.
Edmund wrapped his arms around Peter's waist, buring his face into his chest. "I'm so sorry." He sobbed.
"Hey." Peter whispered. "It's alright."
"I'm sorry." Edmund repeated. "I'm sorry for shouting at you."
"Edmund." Peter said. "It's fine." He kissed the top of his brothers head.
But Edmund shook his head. "I shouted at you Peter. Screamed at you! I hit you!" He quickly pulled away. "I didn't hurt you, did I?" He asked quickly.
Peter hesitated. "A little." He muttered. "But nothing I can't handle." He added quickly at seeing the look on Edmund's face.
Edmund continued to cry as he rested his head back against Peter's chest. "I accused you of lying." He sobbed. "I-"
"Edmund Shh." Peter said, placing a hand on the back of Edmund's head. "It's alright. I understand. What you're going through, it's alot. I understood perfectly when you thought the note was from me. You're going through so much at the moment that you're bound to believe a lie that said that."
"Exactly, I believe everything that anyone tells me." Edmund muttered.
"Ed-"
"I believed the witch, didn't I?" Edmund cut in.
"Edmund." Peter sighed. "Anyone would of believed her. The way she acted twords you."
Edmund swallowed thickly. "She- She wrapped me in her cloak, smiled at me, laughed at me, in a kind way. She played with my hair, she acted so nice."
Peter felt angry after Edmund had told him this, but he tried to stay calm. "See. I don't think anyone would of been able to accuse her of lying."
Edmund sniffed and buried his face into Peter's shoulder. "I love you Peter." He mumbled.
Peter smiled. "I love you too Edmund." He whispered.
There was silence between the two before Peter took a deep breath. "I think we should go to sleep." He said. "You look exhausted and I am exhausted."
Edmund smiled weakly. "I'm exhausted." He mumbled.
"Come on then." Peter said.
"But I'm comfortable." Edmund said, tightening his grip around Peter's waist.
Peter smiled slightly before picking Edmund up off the floor, bridal style.
Edmund gasped slightly as he wrapped his arms around Peter's neck.
Peter laughed lightly as he walked over to Edmund's bed, carefully putting him down and sitting beside him.
"Goodnight Ed." He whispered, kissing Edmund's forehead.
"Don't leave." Edmund whispered, staring up at Peter with wide eyes.
Peter smiled. "I won't." He whispered back, climbing into the bed beside Edmund.
Edmund smiled as Peter pulled the blanket over them.
Edmund smiled back, wrapping an arm around Peter's waist and resting his head against his chest. "Night." He mumbled, eyes already closed.
"Goodnight." Peter whispered in reply.

☆☆☆

"Peter, please, Peter help."
Peter awoke quickly at these words. He quickly looked down at Edmund, who was muttering in his sleep, tossing his head back and forth.
Tears were rolling down his cheeks and he had a terrified expression on his face.
"Edmund." Peter said quickly, shaking his brother. "Ed wake up, it's just a dream."
"Peter." Edmund cried again, tightening his grip around Peter's waist.
"Edmund!" Peter tried again. "Edmund I'm here, wake up!"
Edmund's eyes finaly shot open as he gasped. He sat up in bed, not seeing Peter. He began looking quickly around the room, breathing heavily.
"Edmund." Peter said, sitting up and gripping his brothers arm.
Edmund turned around and looked Peter in the eyes. "Peter?" He whispered, eyes filling with more tears.
Peter smiled sadly. "It's me." He said with a slight nod.
Edmund breathed a sigh of relief as he burst into tears and flung his arms around Peter's neck.
Peter held Edmund tightly, whispering reassuringly in his ear until he eventually stopped crying and he calmed down.
"What did you dream about?" Peter asked warily.
Edmund took a deep breath. "When the witch came to camp. She- She refused to accept Aslan's offer." He said. "She came out of the tent and grabbed me, pulling me a-away from you all. You tried to stop her but you couldn't - couldn't do anything. She dragged me to the - the s- stone t- table, tied me to it, a - and k- killed me." Edmund sobbed.
Peter's eyes filled with tears. "It's alright." He whispered as Edmund buried his face into Peter's shoulder, trembling violently. "It was just a dream." He said.
Edmund took a deep breath as he sniffed. "It felt real." He choked.
Peter sighed sadly. "I know it did Eddy." He whispered. "But it wasn't, okay?"
Edmund nodded. "Okay." He copied. "I'm sorry." He mumbled after a while.
Peter frowned. "For what?" He asked.
"For-" Edmund glanced at the clock. Two AM. "For yesterday." He said.
"Edmund. You don't need to apologise. You already have." Peter said sadly.
"But I'm really sorry Peter." Edmund said. "Really, really sorry."
"I know you are Ed." Peter said. "But it wasn't your fault."
"You say that about everything." Edmund muttered.
"That's because it's true." Peter said, smiling slightly.
Edmund shifted slightly in Peter's arms. "All the same I'm still sorry."
Peter sighed. "I know." He whispered after a long pause.
"You should go back to sleep Ed." He added.
Edmund nodded, immediately lying back down.
Peter lay down beside him. "Night." He said.
Edmund smirked, his eyes closing. "Morning." He whispered before he fell asleep.
Peter sighed, his thoughts going back to yesterday and the note.
Who had given it to Edmund? And why make him believe that he left it?
Peter bit his lip. He nodded to himself, no matter what, he'd find out.
For Edmund.
He smiled at his brother as he wrapped an arm around his waist.
Placing a kiss on his brothers forehead, Peter sighed lightly before closing his eyes and drifting of to sleep.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆