Pain

Edmund gripped Peter with as much strength as he could, breathing as deeply as he could, clearly relieved to be able to do so.
Tears rolled down Peter's cheeks as he hugged his brother, soon seeing Susan and Lucy join.
They sat there bundled together for what seemed like forever before Edmund finaly broke them apart.
He carefully pulled away from Peter, causing everyone to separate. 
Peter looked up at his brother, smiling weakly. "You okay?"
Edmund nodded, but he didn't say anything.
Peter sighed. "How about, we get you cleaned up and into bed?"
Edmund nodded again, still not saying anything as his eyes stung with tears.
He heard Susan take a deep breath from where she sat behind Edmund, and Lucy moved closer to her, looking rather upset.
Susan sighed. "Goodnight." She said. "We'll see you in the morning?"
Peter nodded. "Night." He replied as Lucy kissed his cheek.
Susan gave him a quick hug before turning to Edmund.
"Goodnight." She said as she hugged him.
Edmund rested his head against Susan's shoulder, sniffing as he tried to stop crying.
When they slowly pulled away Lucy wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing his cheek as she had done with Peter.
"Night Ed." She said.
Edmund smiled at her, nodding his head slightly before he watched them leaving, and couldn't help but feel a little disappointed that they'd gone.
"Ed?" Peter asked.
Edmund turned to look at his brother, who still had tears in his eyes that looked like they'd fall any minute.
Edmund looked questioningly up at him.
Peter smiled slightly. "Let's get you ready for bed." He said.

☆☆☆

Edmund lay in bed that night, well, that morning.
He couldn't sleep. His scar was throbbing angrily and he felt sick, really sick.
He sighed as he turned onto his side, facing Peter, who was fast asleep in his bed just across the room.
Edmund sighed again as a sharp pain shot through his stomach, causing him to wince. It hurt. God, it hurt.
But there was nothing he could do about it. Nothing.
Edmund swallowed thickly as his idea passed through his mind. The one of him running away.
He couldn't change his mind. He wouldn't change his mind, he told himself firmly. He was leaving, and that was final.
He gasped quietly as pain shot through his stomach again.
He let out a small, dry, sob as he carefully pulled off the blanket.
Getting out of bed and standing up made his scar throb angrily. He squeezed his eyes shut as he stood there, feeling rather dizzy and extremely sick.
It wasn't anything new. After Beruna exactly the same thing had happened. But then he'd actually been sick, twice.
Edmund opened his eyes slowly, taking a deep breath and walking over to Peter's bed.
"P-Pete?" He whispered.
Peter shifted in his sleep, turning to Edmund but didn't wake up.
"Peter." Edmund tried again.
This time Peter's eyes slowly opened. He frowned slightly until he caught sight of Edmund.
"Ed?" He asked worriedly, sitting up in bed. "Are you alright?"
Edmund bit his lip as he shook his head.
"What's wrong?" Peter asked as he signled for Edmund to climb in the bed beside him.
Edmund did as Peter had said and layed down slowly, Peter following.
"It hurts." He whispered, voice cracking. "It really hurts."
Peter's face fell.
"And I feel dizzy and sick." Edmund added in a whisper.
Peter took a deep breath as Edmund wrapped an arm around his waist.
"It'll all be fine." Peter said to him.
Edmund sniffed as he rested his head on Peter's shoulder.
"But-" He stopped when Peter placed a finger to his lips.
"I promise you Edmund." Peter said. "It will be fine."
It will be, when I get away from here, away from it all were Edmund's thoughts, but he kept his mouth clamped shut. He couldn't let Peter know what he was planning on doing. Peter would go crazy and not let him leave the room!
Edmund let out a shuddering breath as he felt Peter's arm tighten around his shoulders.
"I knew you could do it." Peter said after a while.
"Do what?" Edmund asked.
"Be brave." Peter replied simply.
Edmund sighed. "I didn't feel brave." He muttered.
"But you were." Peter said, kissing the top of his brothers head. "Really brave." He added.
Edmund took a deep breath. "I don't feel well." He choked.
Peter bit his lip. "That's understandable." He whispered.
"No Peter." Edmund said, sitting up in bed. "I really don't fell well."
Peter frowned, sitting up and placing the back of his hand to Edmund's forehead.
"You're temperature's quite high." He muttered.
Edmund swallowed. "I-" He said but then stopped.
"You?" Peter questioned, now rather worried.
"I think I'm gonna-" But he never got to finish his sentane.
Peter cringed as he leant over the bed and was violently sick all over the floor.
Peter placed a hand on Edmund's back as he gasped.
Rubbing his hand up and down Edmund's back he whispered reassuringly to him as Edmund coughed.
He slowly sat up with a shuddering breath, shaking, and hard.
"Come here." Peter whispered as Edmund wiped his mouth on his sleeve.
Edmund let out a small sob as he was pulled into into a hug.
"It's okay." Peter whispered. "It's okay."
Edmund let out another sob, and then another until he was properly crying.
He struggled to keep his breathing under control as he cried into Peter's shoulder.
The crying made his scar hurt even more. But he couldn't stop. He gripped his stomach, squeezing his eyes shut.
Peter sighed sadly, knowing the scar wasn't healed enough for him to massage it, and that if he did, it would probably start bleeding again.
He listened in silence to Edmund crying, wishing that he could stop it. Stop it all. The pain, the guilt, the tears, all of it.
Edmund let out another sob that caused Peter's heart to break.
He swallowed thickly as he buried his face into Edmund's raven hair.
"It'll all be fine."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆