Caught

"This is pointless!" Edmund sighed as he watched Peter try and get the shackles off his ankles. "You're never gonna get them off!"
Peter sighed too. "It's the only way." He said. "Otherwise you can't get out of here, and then they'll kill you. And I won't let that happen."
Edmund leant back against the wall, flinching slightly as the ice touched the lashes on his back.
Peter noticed. "Let me have a look." He said gently.
Edmund stared at him before once again moving away from the wall. Peter sat behind him and looked down at his back, only for tears to instantly fill his eyes.
"How many lashes are there?" Edmund asked hesitantly.
Peter sighed. "Too many." He muttered. "One is too many." He added darkly.
Edmund turned his head to look at his brother as he continued to talk.
"When we get to Lucy, you're having some of her cordial." He said.
Edmund sighed. "Peter I don't-" He went to say, but was cut off.
"Don't you dare say that you don't need it because you quite clearly do." Peter said firmly.
Edmund took a deep breath, not having the strength to argue any longer.
"You said when." Edmund mumbled after a good five minutes of silence.
Peter frowned. "What do you mean?" He asked.
"You said when we get to Lucy." Edmund muttered in reply.
"I know." Peter said, slightly confused.
"If." Edmund said as if correcting him. "If we get to Lucy."
Peter sighed. "When." He said firmly. "I won't let anything happen to you Ed."
Edmund looked down at his lap before turning and buring his face into Peter's chest.
"When do you think they'll be back?" Peter asked slowly, hesitating slightly.
"Probably not til tomorrow." Edmund answered. "Early in the morning."
Peter nodded. "Why don't you try and get some sleep?" He suggested. "You need it."
Edmund sighed. Peter was right. "Okay." He mumbled.
Peter smiled as he wrapped his arms around his brother's shoulders.
Edmund relaxed into Peter's arms and was just about to drift off to sleep when he heard the iron doors burst open.
He turned to face the wolf and the hag, who's eyes were both wide with shock and confusion.
Peter immediately pushed Edmund behind him, trying to protect him.
"How an earth did you get in here?" The wolf asked, unable to hide the shock from his voice.
Peter's eyes narrowed. "That's none of your business." He spat.
The wolf looked slightly taken aback at Peter's tone of voice. "You know." He said, pulling himself together. "Your brother spoke to me like that, and you don't want to know what we did to him."
Peter's eyes went wide. "It's quite clear what you did to him!" He said, raising his voice slightly.
The hag laughed. "It is pretty visible isn't it?" She said.
Peter was furious, and would've flown at them if Edmund didn't place a hand on his shoulder.
Instead he just settled with drawing his sword.
The wolf growled. "Drop that." He said. "Or your brother pays."
Peter froze, immediately dropping his sword to the ground. The hag grabbed it and threw it into the corner of the room, before turning back to the two brothers.
She took one step twords them but stopped when Peter said: "You even touch him and I'll kill you with my bare hands." He spat.
The hag laughed. "Don't worry." She said. "We're not here to torture him."
Edmund's heart started pounding as his eyes went wide.
"Or to kill him." The wolf added, smirking.
Peter frowned. "Then, why are you here?" He asked.
"You'll just have to come with us, and then you'll find out."
Both Peter and Edmund hesitated. "Where?" Peter asked cautiously.
"Throne room." The hag said.
Peter looked back to Edmund, who just shrugged his shoulders.
"Unless, you'd rather not come?" The wolf said, smiling. "And you'd prefer the torture?"
Edmund's eyes went wide as he quickly shook his head.
"No?" The wolf laughed. "So you'll come?"
Edmund nodded, moving away from Peter.
The hag smirked. "Guard!" She shouted.
Two seconds later a minotaur walked into the room, glancing at the hag. "Grab him." She said, nodding at Peter.
The minotaur quickly grabbed Peter, pulling him roughly away from Edmund, who just sat and stared at him.
"I mean it." Peter said. "You hurt him and you're dead."
"We aren't going to hurt him." The hag laughed as she walked up to Edmund and broke the shackles around his ankles, causing him to flinch.
Peter cringed at the look on his face as his eyes filled with tears.
The hag then pulled him roughly to his feet. Edmund gasped sharply as pain shot through his whole body, tears filling his eyes too.
"I said don't hurt him!" Peter said.
The hag raised an eyebrow. "Well, I can't exactly help it can I?" She said.
Peter sighed, glaring at her as she began to lead Edmund out of the room. He was forced to follow on behind, keeping a close eye on his brother and the hag.
It was clear that Edmund was trying his hardest to stay standing, and that every step caused him agony. But Peter knew he'd prefer this than the torture, so he kept his mouth shut.
The hag and the wolf led them down to the throne room, where once there, they forced Edmund to stand in front of the throne.
Peter frowned slightly as the minotaur kept a tight grip on him, letting him watch.
"Now." The hag said. "Bring it to me."
Both Peter and Edmund frowned in confusion as they watched the wolf leave the room, only to return five minutes later holding the shattered remains of Jadis' wand in his mouth.
Peter's eyes went wide as he quickly glanced over at his brother, who was staring at the wand, eyes shining from tears.
"Why have you got that?" Peter asked warily.
"You'll see." The wolf laughed as he handed the wand to the hag.
The hag stared at it before smirking. "Oh look." She said. "It's still stained with blood."
Peter looked at the jagged end of the shattered wand, feeling sick as he saw it covered in a dark red.
Edmund swallowed thickly, his hand absent mindedly going the the scar on his stomach. Peter noticed and his heart broke.
The hag then did something that caused Peter and Edmund to frown again. She stabbed the wand into the ground, just in front of the throne.
The two brothers watched as an ice wall began to form in front of them.
It grew by the second, getting taller and taller.
Once it was fully grown Peter frowned, it was just a wall of ice. He glanced at Edmund, who by this time was so weak he was nearly kneeling on the floor.
He turned back to the ice wall, only for his eyes to go wide. Now, stood inside the wall, was none other than the white witch herself.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆