Thank you

"You know." Peter said, standing at the entrance to the main balcony in the great Hall. "There's a party going on in there for you." He finished, joining his brother outside.
Edmund nodded slowly. "It's just, a little too much at the moment is all." He mumbled.
Peter smiled sadly. "That's alright." He whispered. "But seriously, don't stay out here for too long, Susan's searching for you because "He's not at his own party!""
Edmund laughed as Peter put on his "Susan" voice.
"I'll be careful." Edmund said, smiling.
Peter laughed before they lapsed into a comfortable silence.
Edmund broke it by sighing slightly.
Peter frowned. "You okay?" He asked warily.
Edmund nodded. "Just, still don't feel a hundred percent is all." He said quietly.
Peter nodded slowly.
Edmund waited, and sure enough, within a few seconds he'd been pulled into his brothers arms. He let out a small sigh, wrapping his arms around his waist and resting his head against his chest.
"You'll be fine before you know it." Peter whispered in his ear as he hugged him.
"I know." Edmund mumbled. "But I doubt the dreams will stop any time soon."
Peter bit his lip, remembering that Edmund had had a nightmare every night since he'd got back. Come to think of it, he'd probably had a nightmare every night since he was rescued from the witch.
"Whilst that may be true." Peter muttered. "I'll always be there to wake you up and to give you a big hug." He said with a smile.
Edmund smiled too. "You're the best brother ever." He mumbled quietly.
Peter's smile faded as he sighed.
"What?" Edmund asked, looking up at him with a frown on his face.
Peter stared down at him. "It's just - well -" He paused and sighed. "I haven't exactly been the best brother in the world."
"What do you mean?" Edmund asked, confused.
Peter bit his lip. Talk to him. Aslan's words echoed in his head. He nodded, taking a deep breath. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything. For being horrible to you before Narnia. Being horrible to you whilst we were in Narnia. I'm sorry for giving you a reason to run away to the witch. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. I'm sorry I let you get hurt. It was all my-"
He stopped short when Edmund placed a hand over his mouth. "I'm gonna stop you right there Peter." He said firmly. "Stop blaming yourself! It wasn't your fault! I went to the witch. Me. You didn't tell me to, did you?"
Peter sighed as Edmund removed his hand. "But-"
"But nothing." Edmund said. "I refuse to listen to you if you talk about it being your fault." He said it so firmly Peter couldn't help but raise an eyebrow in amusement.
"So, you'll just ignore me?" He said.
"Correct." Edmund said, trying to keep the smirk of his face.
Peter shook his head, silently deciding not to bring up the subject for a little while yet. "You're so stubborn, you know that?"
"As a matter of fact I do." Edmund said, a smirk finaly appearing on his face.
Peter raised his eyebrow again. "And cheeky." He added.
Edmund laughed. "If I wasn't those things, I wouldn't be me."
Peter smiled. "How very right you are." He laughed.
"Be quiet." Edmund mumbled before buring his face against Peter's chest.
Peter laughed again, wrapping his arms tightly around his brothers back.
"I never got to thank you." Edmund mumbled suddenly.
Peter frowned. "For what?"
"For coming after me." Edmund said. "When I - when I ran away." He choked.
"Well, what was I supposed to do?" Peter said. "Leave you to it?"
"Not just for coming after me when I ran away." Edmund said. "For coming after me when they k - kidnapped me."
Peter sighed. "There was absolutely no way that I was leaving you alone with them." He spat.
"Why did you come alone?" Edmund asked, still not looking at his brother.
"I couldn't risk the girls getting hurt to." Peter muttered. "And if I told Orious, there's no way he would've let me go. No, I came by myself. Susan wasn't very happy though."
"I'm not surprised." Edmund said.
"I just, couldn't let anything happen to them too."
Edmund sighed, but in a kind way. "Always the overprotective brother." He mumbled, smiling.
Peter laughed. "Always." He whispered. "And that's definitely not going to change."
"I'm wasn't counting on it." Edmund smiled, finaly looking up at his brother.
"Good." Peter laughed. "Love you." He whispered after a while.
Edmund smiled at him. "Love you too." He whispered back, hugging Peter tightly. He looked out over the beach, and gasped when he did.
"Aslan." He muttered before braking out of Peter's arms and running off the balcony.
Peter looked back at the beach, and bit his lip when he saw Aslan walking across it, slowly.
He's leaving a voice at the back of Peter's head told him. Peter sighed sadly.
He looked back to the entrance of the balcony and then back to the beach, and Aslan.
He knew he should let Edmund talk to him, alone.
But Peter was too protective, he didn't really want for Edmund to be out of his sight. He sighed in frustration, trying to stay on the balcony, but it was impossible. In the end he let his over protective big brother side get the better of him. He rushed off after Edmund. It didn't take long for him to spot him, running twords one of the doors leading out to the staircase down to the beach.
But he purposely didn't catch up with him. He ran across the beach until his brother reached Aslan, and there he stopped.
A couple hundred yards away from Aslan and Edmund, he watched as the lion turned to his brother, and the two began talking.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆