Cԋαρƚҽɾ 21 {EDITED}

3rd Person POV:

"So this is the outside world...I must've been in the dungeon longer than I expected." Yin muttered as she stared up at the dark starry sky while sitting on the poach alone as everyone else was inside, sleeping.

'But there is one thing that is on my mind...who am I really? Why can't I remember anything?' She thought, holding her head as she gritted her teeth in frustration. 'I can't remember who my family is, where my home is?'

"There is no need to worry, my dear child."

A sudden voice in her head startled the young girl as she shot up and looked around. "W-Who's there?"

"You may not know me now but you have already known in your soul."

"I-In my soul? But I actually don't know who you are!" Yin stammered.

"Calm down, my dear. You have proved to me that you're already capable of performing the task that I have given you which is why I sent you here into this world."

"What kind of task are you talking about?" Yin questioned before looking down as she clenched her hands. "I have no memories, expect for when I went into the dungeon and got locked from the outside world."

"You are a special child that holds an important ability that you will soon use. Don't doubt yourself."

Then, a glowing white orb appeared in front of Yin as she gasped at its sudden appearance but felt relaxed once she felt a warm feeling that it's omitting.

Hesitantly, she reached out with both of her hands and cupped underneath it as it glows for a few more seconds before dimming down as it revealed a familiar light blue gem necklace. "What is this?" Yin asked, looking confused at the certain item.

"This will help you in the near future so do not lose it. This will be the end of our conversation, I will always watch over you, my darling girl."

And with that, the voice disappeared leaving Yin standing there, holding the necklace.

'That voice...they spoke to me like I was their offspring' Yin thought as she gave one last look to the necklace before safely putting it in her pocket and quietly head back inside.

•••

Hoshimi's POV:

"Here is your meal, my Queen," Azazel stated as he put a tray of food on my lap and I looked down to see a bowl of steaming soup, some bread and a cup of water before looking back up at him.

I smiled slightly. "Thank you, Azazel and you don't need to call me Queen, just Hoshimi is fine."

Azazel shook his head in disagreement. "I have no rights to call you informally. My King will not be happy with that arrangement."

I frowned at the mention of Erebus and sighed. "Why do you follow him, Azazel? He is an evil man who kills to get what he wants."

"...I have no choice. I was born from his DNA and Magoi so that makes me as his son." I gasped at what Azazel said and looked at him in shock.

"Even if I try to run or disobey his order, he had his mark on me which prevent me from ever escaping his hold," Azazel added as he turned around and pull down his collar which reveals a black butterfly tattoo on the back of his neck.

I unconsciously reached a hand back and touched the back of my neck. 'I already marked you as mine' Erebus's words came back to me as my eyes widened in horror. 'That means I can't escape. I'm stuck here'