Cԋαρƚҽɾ 12

Hakuyuu sat silently in his chair, sitting beside Hoshimi's bed as he softly caressed the woman's cheek, admiring her peaceful expression as she slept beside her younger brother. 'I'm sorry, Hoshimi' he thought as his brows furrowed. 'Sorry for not watching your brother carefully, the brother who you waited for 10 years, for letting him get hurt'

Then, the door behind him opened and Hakuyuu turned to see Alibaba walking in. Their eyes meeting with each other before Hakuyuu greeted him with a nod, which the young boy responded with the same motion before the latter went over and sat in the chair beside Aladdin's bed.

"Hey, Aladdin," Alibaba began. "Yesterday, Big Brother Sahbmad came to see me. He told me that he wanted me to save this country."

Hakuyuu stared silently as he listened into the boy's words.

"Sure, I know this country going through a crisis now. And somebody's got to do something about it. But...is that something that I should be doing? Since I came back to this country, I've done my best in my own way. But it didn't work out. I know you expected a lot from me, but I think you were wrong after all. In this world, see...they do exist, true heroes. For instance, people like...Sinbad. He's awesome, you know? He's so bold, so talented, so respected by everyone, it's mind-bogging. He even organised everyone in the Fog Troop in an instant."

Alibaba clenched his hands together tightly. "Honestly, I could never measure up to him."

"But, is there any reasons for you to compare yourself to Sinbad?" Hakuyuu's suddenly question startled Alibaba as the latter gasped, snapping toward the older man and saw his light blue eyes staring at him. "Alibaba, even though I only know you for a short time, I can tell that you are a hard-working and devoted boy, you are loyal to your people and want to help them, to make them feel safe. I can relate to you."

"Yuuta..." Alibaba breaths out.

"Alibaba, if Aladdin is Hoshimi's brother, then I know that he would have the same talent as hers' of looking into people's heart and see them as something much bigger," Hakuyuu continued, smiling as he looked at the sibling. "If Aladdin believe that there is something more in you, then he is right to trust his instinct."

Alibaba's eyes glistened as he stared at the man in awe before sniffling as he looked down, his hair shadowing his eyes as a tear fell.

•••

"So you are Hoshimi's friends and you guys were travelling when Hoshimi was separate from you?" Sinbad repeated as he, Jafar and Masrur stared toward Hakuren, Yin and Amani.

Amani nodded. "After Hoshimi was separated from us, we decided to continue our journey to Balbadd in hopes that we would meet up with her." She explained stoically.

"Hmm..." Sinbad hummed thoughtfully. "Then, you must know Hoshimi personally then."

Hakuren's and Yin's eyes narrowed suspiciously when they heard Sinbad asked that question. "What do you want from Hoshimi?" Hakuren questioned.

Sinbad smiled nonchalantly. "I didn't mean it in that way, I was just wondering if Hoshimi is a Magi or not, since Judal has mentioned that during the confrontation." He explained.

Hakuren scoffed. "Hoshimi's identity isn't your concern, even if you are a King. We don't have to obey you."

Jafar glared angrily. "Such disrespect...!"

Then, Amani raised her hand and smacked Hakuren behind his head, causing him to yelp in pain. The pink-haired woman bowed her head. "I apologise for Ran's rudeness, he is just protective of our friend. Just as me and Yin. We do not want anything to happen to Hoshimi." But despite her apology, Amani was omitting a dangerous aura as she lifted her head, revealing a threatening glare at Sinbad.