Cԋαρƚҽɾ 10

Aladdin's POV:

I stared from behind my big sister as the older black-haired boy walked past us, managing to see his red ringed eyes glancing back at me before he disappeared among the crowd as the black birds float around. 'What was that? It was only for a split second, but that man appeared to be a black sun'

Then, Ugo suddenly started to glow as I looked down. "Ugo?"

•••

3rd Person POV:

Nighttime has came and after Alibaba's meeting with the king that went horribly wrong, the nervousness slipped through the tension of the lower-class citizens and some of the Fog Troupe.

"How did it go?"

"Prince Alibaba was..."

Over to one of the buildings, sat the blonde prince as his head lowered in shame while his friends stood around him. "Alibaba, were you able to talk with the King?" Aladdin asked softly.

"That wasn't a talk. My brother, Ahbmad, would only talk to Sinbad. And, in the end, we couldn't change anything." Alibaba replied with a heavy tone in his voice.

"That's not true," Hoshimi protested as she smiled lightly at the downed boy before turning to the opened window. "Can't you hear them?"

"Prince Alibaba!"

"Prince Alibaba!"

"How were the negotiations?"

"Please tell us, Prince Alibaba!"

"Your talks with the King touched so many people. You changed the people's hearts today." Hoshimi smiled.

Alibaba stared up at the white-haired woman and slowly felt his disappointment and shame fading away as he gave her, a small smile. "Thanks Hoshimi."

"But what do we do now?" Morgiana asked. "I think the Fog Troupe and the people outside need to be informed as to what happened."

Alibaba frowned and held his head in frustration. "How do I tell them that the negotiations completely broke down?"

"Well..." as Aladdin were about to say his inputs, a knock on the door draws their attention as the door opened to revealed Sinbad's companions.

"Come. Sin is going to announce the results of today's negotiations." Ja'far spoke.

The quartet went outside, following Ja'far and Masrur as they saw the citizens gathering in front of a stoned platform where Sinbad stood upon. Yin also joined them on the way as she stood beside Aladdin.

"Go. You're leading this too." Jafar whispered as he pushed Alibaba forward.

Sinbad gestured at him with a smile. "Come, Alibaba."

The others stood in their spots as they watched Sinbad and Alibaba stood on the platform. "Men. Today's negotiations completely broke down." Sinbad declared.

This announcement caused the hope in the citizens' hearts to diminished as their face went crestfallen.

"Our demands were wholly ignored. A clash between the imperial army and our forces is inevitable." Sinbad continued.

"Cassim and his group have left us..."

"We're done for."

Alibaba gritted his teeth and lowered his head, feeling ashamed.

"What's done for? Today, for the first time, you fought fairly and openly, instead of as thieves in the mists. Do not forget the reason you decided to fight! To escape from overwhelming poverty, to support your families. Does anyone have think those things are now done for?" Sinbad proclaimed with strength as Alibaba stared up at him with admiration in his eyes.