Cԋαρƚҽɾ 5

3rd Person POV:

The moment when Hoshimi screamed the elderly woman's name, all the other villagers came rushing toward the cry as they saw the injured Elder Baba and Hoshimi beside her as the whitette began to healed her.

"Grandma! stay with us!"

"Grandma!"

When Aladdin arrived, puffing a few heavy breaths, he saw the state that Elder Baba is in while his older sister tried to healed her.

"She's still alive but I need to bring her back to the village to heal her properly," Hoshimi explained as her brows furrowed in concentration then she turned to Aladdin. "Summon Ugo. Hurry, Aladdin."

Aladdin nodded. "Right!" Before taking his turban and spread it out for Elder Baba and Hoshimi to get on as he summoned Ugo through his flute.

They ran through the night, quickly heading back to the village as Aladdin sat on Ugo while holding his magic carpet that held Elder Baba and Hoshimi, who continued to heal her.

'Please don't die, Grandma!' Aladdin thought as he gritted his teeth worriedly.

•••

Hoshimi's POV:

Aladdin and I stayed by Elder Baba's side until the sun is up as I kept watch over her health but deep down, I know that Elder Baba...won't make it.

"The arrow that struck Grandma is the same as the ones used by the Kou Empire!"

"We have to fight them! They hunted us as slaves, they ambushed Grandma...there's no reason to take this anymore! We've got to fight for the future of our clan!"

"That's right! That's right!"

"They're going to fight...Onee-san," Aladdin frowned as he sat on the chair beside me.

"I know, Aladdin. I know." I sighed tiredly as I dabbed a wet cloth on Elder Baba's face.

"Hold up, everybody!" Then, we heard Dolge spoke up. "Grandma told us that we weren't to go to war, no matter what. That we should wage battle in our hearts, just so we can survive!"

'You taught him so well, Elder Baba' I thought as I stared down at her with sadness. 'They are lucky to have you lead them to the right path'

We heard shouting and chanting of determination and anger.

Aladdin turned to Elder Baba with glistening eyes. "Grandma...something terrible's happening in the village you love."

After ensuring Elder Baba's health is steadying, we went outside to see the Kouga clansman readying for battle and rode off, yelling their battle cries as we watched them go.

"What should we do, Onee-san? Everyone's gonna get killed." Aladdin asked as he clutched my hand.

I looked down at him and was about to reply when I heard the sound of the Rukh and a familiar presence appearing behind us. "Help me, Aladdin, Hoshimi,"

We both gasped and spun around.

•••

After seeing that Elder Baba was awake, I urges her to went back to bed to rest but she stubbornly want to go after the village men so even with my disapproval, I can't dismissed her worries and we headed after them.

"Just kill them!"

"That's right!"

Was all we heard when we got to the fight and to my shock, Hakuei has a long scar on her chin and her thigh.

"Will you stop this nonsense, fools?" Elder Baba yelled out angrily.

All of them was bewildered and turned around to see Elder Baba and us as Aladdin and I supported the elderly woman.

"G-Grandma!

"Spare me your deplorable antics. You call yourselves Kouga Warriors?" Elder Baba scolded. "Make no mistake about what it is that you really need to protect! Or what kind of battle you need to wage for it!" I glanced down and my eyes widened at the increasing blood stain on Elder Baba's back.

'Damn it! Her wound hasn't healed and at this rate, she'll...' I didn't want to finished my thought as my hands clenched tightly as Elder Baba walked toward Hakuei and bowed down. "My clan shall submit to the authority of the Kou Empire." She declared sternly.

"Grandma!"

"If we submit to those bastards, our clan will be annihilated!"

"As you can see for yourself, Your Highness," Elder Baba continued. "Our clan is devastated, both physically and mentally, from long-years of invasions and slave-hunting. I cannot allow my family to get hurt any more. There were a time when I was even prepared to go into battles with your country, but a certain child told me...that you, the commander of our enemy, someone we could trust."

I saw Hakuei glancing over to Aladdin and I clutched his shoulders as we watched the conversation.

"But...that is not an ordinary wound," Hakuei states as she stared down at the pool of blood underneath Elder Baba's feet. "Was it one of my army's arrow, after all?"

"Which is more important - the life of one village chief, or the lives of all villagers? You of all people should know!" Elder Baba proclaimed as I lowered my gaze.

"Your intentions have been duly transferred to me. Henceforth, in the name of Kou Empire, and of Hakuei, I guarantee the safety of the Kouga Clan." Hakuei declared strongly.

"So we're surrendering to another country..." one of the villagers said with a downcast expression.

"What difference does it make, anyway?" Then, Dolge spoke up, causing everyone to looked over to him. "All we have to do is hold on to the pride in our hearts. Just like Grandma!"

Elder Baba turned to the men. "What do you say, Kouga Clan? Show me your intentions!" She shouted as the men looked hesitate but eventually, they dropped their weapons.

•••

3rd Person POV:

Everyone was now back in the village, but for Elder Baba, her wound was too much for her and eventually, her body gave up as all of the villagers crowd around her bedside.

"Grandma...hold on!"

"Grandma! Grandma!"

Hoshimi looked at the pale body with solemn expression as her heart clenched. 'Another life taken and I couldn't do anything to prevent it from happening!' Her teeth clenched together as her hair shadowed her eyes and tears streaming down her cheeks. "I'm sorry, Elder Baba. I'm so sorry."

'Don't be sad, Princess

'Don't be sad, Princess. I already know that it was my time to leave but I am happy to know that my family will be safe and in good hands...Thank you, Princess and I'll watch over you and Aladdin'

———
Hello everybody! I am back!🤩🤩 It had been a stressful exams week so I'm happy that I was able to make it through and going back to updating this story so thank you for being patient with me and I hope that you enjoyed this update!