Chapter 2: A Hot Tub failure

"Okay, today's challenge is three-fold. Your first task is to jump off this 1,000 foot high cliff into the lake?" Chris told us.

"Piece of cake." Bridgette said.

"If you look down you will see two target areas. The wider area represents the part of the lake we have stocked with psychotic hehe, man-eating sharks. Inside that area is a safe zone. That's your target area, which we're pretty sure is shark free."

"Excuse me." Leshawna said.

"For each member of your team that jumps, and actually.... survives. There will be a crate of supplies waiting below. Inside each one of those crates are supplies for the second part of the challenge.... building a hot tub. The team with the best one gets to have a wicked hot tub party tonight while the losers will be sending someone home. Killer Bass. You're up first." Chris told us.

"Oh, wow. So who wants to go first?" Bridgette said, looking at us.

"Ladies first." Duncan said.

Bridgette went first. Her going convinced Tyler, Geoff, Duncan, Eva, and Ezekiel to jump.

Me and Courtney both looked at each other worried. We then seen Harold jump and land in the worst way possible.

"Excuse me Chris. I have a medical condition." Courtney started.

"What condition?" Chris asked.

"A condition that prevents me from jumping off cliffs." Courtney told Chris.

"Also known as common sense." I added.

"You two can chicken out if you want, but it might cause your team the win. And then they'll hate you."

"It's a calculated risk. I seen the other team and I don't think nine of them will jump." Courtney said.

"Agreed." I nodded.

Chris gave us both chicken hats.

"He seriously expects us to just jump off of a cliff?" Courtney started.

"Yeah. I'm not risking getting eaten by a shark." I said.

+

Me and the rest of the team gathered by the sand and watched the gophers jump. It all came down to one last jump...

Owen ran forward and jumped off the cliff. He was so large that a whole wave of water hit us.

Because the Gophers had less chickens than us, we all got stuck pushing our crates with our hands.

I saw Courtney trying to push her box.

"Ow. I think I just got a splinter." Courtney said.

"Here. Let me help." I said, pushing the crate the best that I could.

Suddenly Eva approached us.

"Shut it and pick up your crate, chickens." Eva told us.

"I can't. It's too heavy." I said.

"Besides. I'm the only one with CIT camping experience. You need me." Courtney defended.

+

I managed to push the crate to the area near the cabin. Some of the team managed to catch up.

"Hey, aren't you missing a couple of white girls?" Leshawna asked us.

"They're getting a drink." Me and Courtney said together.

I then noticed the swelling on  one of Courtney's eyes.

"Whoa! Courtney, are you okay?" I asked