Chapter 9: Predator vs Prey

I was reading over one if my books in the cabin. You know, I'm learning a lot about the human body this summer.

This is definitely going to pay off in the long run. This extra info is definitely going to give me an edge with the class I'm taking to contribute to what I'm going to major in college.

My trian of thoughts was broken by the sound of a helicopter going by. Duncan suddenly woke up.

"Hit the deck." He said hopping out of his bed." They're coming man. They found us."

I raised an eyebrow and chukled a tiny bit.

"It's not the police Duncan. It's just Chris." I told him.

/Aaron:"Duncan's not too bad. He's kinda funny. I'm just starting to think he might have a thing for Courtney. But, he's probably not her type.... I hope."\

+

Everyone woke up from Chris's creative way of waking us up. I headed to the campfire pit and sat down next to Courtney.

"Morning captain." I smiled.

"Good morning Aaron." Courtney waved.

"So. What do you think Chris is gonna make us do this time?"

"I don't know. I guess we'll have to find out."

The rest of the campers started to arrive. Chris began explaining today's challenge.

"Are you ready for today's, EXTREME MAX IMPACT CHALLENGE!?" Chris said.

"WE ARE READY!" Owen respond excited.

"Incoming!" Chris said throwing a can of beans.

"No. Breakfast is crepes, croissants. Even Chef's crappy burnt eggs." Heather complained.

"Beans beans they're good for your heart. The more you eat, the more you-" Owen started but before he could finish the sentence he got hit in the head by a can of beans.

"Today's challenge is about survival. We're going hunting." Chris told us. I raised an eyebrow.

"Now that's more like it." Duncan said.

"Isn't that a paintball gun?" Harold asked.

"Why yes Harold. It is." Chris said shooting him.

"So we won't be killing anything?" Bridgette asked.

"Negatory. This is the first ever paintball deer hunt. I'll annouce the teams once we get into the woods. So. Finish breaky." Owen then burped loudly.

+

We met back with Chris after breakfast.

"And now for the team's breakdowns. The Killer Bass hunters are.. Harold, Geoff, and Bridgette. Locked and loaded with Bass blue paint, and using orange paint are the Gopher hunters. Leshawna, Beth, Owen, and Lindsay." Chris annouced.

"Waa-hoo! This is awsome man." Owen cheered.

"You also get these stylin' glasses and wicked camo caps. The rest of you are now deer." Chris told us as we stood in silence." Here are your antlers, noses, and little white tales." He said.

Me and Courtney exchanged worried looks.

"You have got to be kidding me." Courtney complained.

"I think he's actually serious." I told her.

"Yeah right. I'm not wearing that." Heather snarled.

"There is no way I'm a deer." Duncan said.