Chapter 24: Murder Mystery

We were all in the crafts services tent eating breakfast.

"Breakfast taco? Is that all Chef knows how to make now? Mexican themed breakfast foods?" Harold asked, biting into his breakfast taco.

"Ew. Was that an egg shell?" Lindsay asked.

"Chef is the only cook who makes eggs like peanut butter. Smooth or crunchy style." Harold bit into the taco. Then he took out what he just ate. It was a piece of computer hardware.

"Maybe Chef finally ran out of stuff to put in the eggs. All he's got left is computer hardware." Duncan commented.

"What If there's something on it? Something all, challengy." Lindsay asked.

"Only one way to find out. Stick it in Courtney's PDA." Beth smiled.

"My PDA isn't going anywhere near that Hoover coated thing." Right as Courtney said that, Duncan snatched it from her." Hey!"

"I thought you wanted to win this." Duncan said.

Courtney sighed.

"Do what you have to do." Courtney told them.

Duncan took the hardware from Harold and plugged it into Courtney's PDA. Duncan started playing an audio of Chris.

"I hope you all had a filling breakfast. It was so delish. I was practically on cloud nine. I could've had a dozen of them." Chris laughed." But enough about breakfast. It's time to 86 this combination. I mean, conversation."

"So werid." Beth commented. "I think maybe Chris needs a vacation."

We contiued listening to the audio.

"Right now I'm going to relax in a nice safe and secure place and get ready for todays challenge. You're probably wondering what the challenge is. It will remain a mystery until you find me. Hopefully you'll clue in and track me down. But in the mean time I'm gonna crack open a soda and relax. See ya." Chris said.

"Unless there's a killer reward I'm not gonna bother finding Chris. I could use a day off from that weiner." Duncan said.

"I'm with Duncan. Let Chris come for us." Harold said.

"Yeah but maybe if we find Chris we'll have some kind of surprise. Who doesn't love surprises?" Lindsay said as Courtney rolled her eyes." I think he was giving us hints. He said he was on cloud nine. That's like heaven. Which means he's not alive anymore. What do you do with dead people? You bury them. So maybe he's buried underground. Maybe we should dig and see if we find him."

"Uh. We could. The only problem is that makes zero sense." Duncan told Lindsay.

"Oh It's so obvious." Courtney said.

"Really. It is." I added." Chris said he was feeling 'safe and secure' get it? Safe?" I hinted as the rest aside from Courtney were confuse.

"Chris said 'he was going to crack open a soda'. You crack a safe. Now you get it?" Courtney added.

"No, still nothing." Lindsay said.

"He's clearly in the bank vault set from the bank heist challenge. Duh!" Me and Courtney both explained.

"Nice." Duncan pointed at Courtney.

"Go figure. Aaron and I have brains. Let's go  Aaron." Courtney said arrogantly as we both walked out the craft services tent.

+

We got to the safe that Chris was locked in

"So, what's the plan heist meisters?" Duncan scoffed at us.