Chapter 11: Just a little Trust

I was staying to myself after the guys disagreement. I'm kinda disappointed. But, what happened, happened. Nothing I can really do about it.

I was poking at my breakfast. I wasn't really hungry. I drew my attention to see Duncan stealing a mug. Courtney quickly caught him in the act.

Though I didn't want to be bothered with Duncan so I continued to slowly eat my breakfast.

Courtney sat down next to me frustrated.

"Whoa, something bothering you Court?" I asked.

"It's Duncan. He is seriously annoying. He's accusing me of having a crush on him!" She said in frustration.

"I see. Well, you don't? Right?" I asked.

"Of course not. He's totally unbearable." She complained.

/Aaron:"Phew. Well that's a relief." I sighed.\

+

We headed down to the dock for Chris to explain the challenge.

"So. Last weeks challenge exposed a few Gopher issues. And I'm sensing a little something funky floating in the bass pond to." Chris annouced.

I noticed Duncan glaring at me. I didn't glare back though. I'm not stooping down to his immature level.

Duncan nudged Courtney. She pushed him over.

"This weeks challenge is gonna be centered around building trust. Because all good things begin with a little trust." Chris told us." There will be three major challenges that will have to be completed by two or more members of your team. Normally, we like have the campers choose their partners. But not this time. More fun for me." Chris told us.

+

We relocated to where the part of the challenge was going to be held.

"Okay. So for the first challenge, you'll be doing an extreme free hand. Rock climbing adventure. DJ and Duncan will play for the Bass Heather and Gwen for the Gophers. Here's your belay and harness." Chris said giving them their harnesses.

Heather quickly took the gear that Chris gave them.

"If you think I'm letting you hold me up, you're crazy." Heather told Gwen.

"You won't be holding her up exactly. One camper pulls the slack through the belay as the partner climbs. If the climber falls the belay will stop them from crashing. The catch? Both the side and the base of the mountain are rigged with a few minor distractions like... rusty nails. Slippery oil slicks, mild explosives, and a few other surprises. The person on belay must harness their up. It's all about trust people. And remember never let go of the rope. Your partners life depends on it."

Well. I guess I'm lucky I'm not doing this. They both began climbing. They were both doing pretty good. Heather then seen it was her perfect time to strike.

"Come on Gwen, you don't wanna fall...Behind." Heather said.

She yanked a rope, ripping her skirt revealing her underwear. DJ caught the skirt peice. But it threw him off gaurd and he fell.

Some how the rope ended up hanging both Duncan and DJ. Gwen managed to climb up the mountain. So she won the first challenge.

+

We then came to watch  Geoff and Bridgette Vs. Lindsay and Trent.

"And now round two the extreme, cooking, challenge." Chris annouced dramatically. "Each team must choose who cooks, and who eats."

Bridgette was going to cook for the Bass and Lindsay decided to cook for the Gophers.

"Today you will be preparing fugu sashimi, the traditional Japanese poisonous Blowfish." Chris told them.