Chapter 12: How did I not see this coming?

Me and Courtney were walking around the camp. I'm learning more about her every day.

"So, you were head of the debate team?" I asked.

"Yeah. I was good too. But my partner, Britney Read walked out on me on the biggest debate of the year. I went on to win it without her. I have a picture of it in my room. Just shows that if you want something done right you do it yourself." Courtney said.

We walked near the guys cabin. Harold then tossed underwear with chocolate on it in front of us.  Me and Courtney both cringed.

"Harold! You are so totally gross." Courtney said walking away.

"No wait. It wasn't me" Harold tried to say.

I followed Courtney.

"Courtney? I think it was Duncan and Geoff bullying him again. You remember how they can get." I told her.

"Typical Duncan." Courtney sighed...dreamily?

"Um? What was that?" I asked.

"What was what?"

"N-nothing. Never mind."

/Aaron:"Funny. She sighed as if she... pfft. What am I think? He's a bad boy. She's the A type. Enough said."\

"Listen up you little cockroaches. I want you to report to the dock of shame in 0900 hours." Chef said on the loud speaker.

Me and Courtney looked at each other confused.

"That means now soldiers! Now!" Chef yelled.

+

We reported to the dock of shame.

"Line up and stand at attention...you call this proper formation?" Chef said observing everyone. "Feet together, arms down, eyes forward, head up." He hit Harold multiple times, fixing his form.

I just did my best with my posture and luckily didn't catch the attention of Chef. Gwen said something that caught Chef's attention.

"What did you say to me soldier?" He asked her.

"Uh. Nothing." Gwen said frightened.

"And you will continue to say nothing until I tell you that you can say something." Chef told Gwen." Today's challenge will not be an easy one. In fact, I don't expect everyone to come out alive."

Owen then laughed, but then got hit by Chef.

"My orders are to make sure all the babies in front of me drop out of my boot camp except one. The last one standing wins immunity for their team. Rule number one: You will address me as Master Chief. Have you got that?" Chef asked.

"Yes Master Chief." We all said together

"You will sleep when I tell you to sleep. And you will eat only when I tell you to eat. Is that clear?" Chef said in the megaphone in Geoff's face.

"Yes master Chief." Geoff responded.

"Rule number two, when you're ready to give up, you will walk to the end if the dock and ring the bell. Which brings me to rule number three. Let's get one quitter before the end of the first day. The day will not end until someone drops out. Now get your butts down to the beach. Soldiers. Now! Now! Now!" Chef yelled as we all dashed to the dock.

+

"Listen up, each team must hold a canoe over their heads. I catch you taking your hands off the canoe, and you will be eliminated. And no one eats lunch until someone drops out. Canoes up!" Chef said as we lifted the canoes.