Chapter 6: Spending a night in the forest

We were all sitting where Chris held his campfire ceremonies. Chris began explaining today's challenge.

"Campers. Today's challenge will test your outdoor survival skills. I'm not gonna lie to you. Some of you may not come back alive." Chris told us making some of us gasp.

"Just joking." Chris chuckled." All you have to do is spend one night in the woods. Everything you need is at your teams campsite in the forest. You just have to find it." Chris said, tossing maps to Duncan and Heather.

Courtney snatched the map from Duncan.

"First team back for breakfast wins invincibility." Chris said blowing the airhorn.

+

We all took off into the forest. Me and Courtney were navigating the map. After some time passed, we finally found the camp sight.

We all had our jobs to do. Me, Geoff, Courtney, and Bridgette were working in the tent. We were working in silence.

Suddenly Duncan asked Courtney a question.

"What's for dinner woman? I'm starving." He said.

"I hope you don't expect me to dignify that with a response." Courtney told Duncan.

Our attention was drawn by DJ, who found a random bunny.

"I never had rabbit stew before, but what the heck. I'm game." Duncan commented.

"This is my new pet. I'm calling him bunny."

"So, no one found any actual food?" I asked.

"It seems that way." Courtney said." I guess we're eating grubs and berries for dinner."

"Has anyone seen tweedledum and tweedleidiot?" Duncan asked.

"No. Should one of us go look for them? We do need all of us to win the challenge." I said.

"Let's not. They'll find there way back in the morning. Besides, we don't need anyone else on the team getting loss." Courtney said.

"Alright then."

+

We made a fire, and sat around it. We heard the sound of an owl. Bridgette got slightly frightened.

"Be cool. It's just an owl." DJ told Bridgette.

"Sorry. I just get really freaked out in the forest." Bridgette told us.

"This reminds me of this really scary story I heard once." Duncan said.

"Awsome. Tell it, man." Geoff said to Duncan.

"Are you sure? Because the story I'm thinking of is pretty  hardcore." Duncan told us.

"Ooh. We're so scared." Courtney taunted.

"Alright. But don't say I didn't warn you. One night alot like this one." Duncan started.

Duncan continued on with his story. It seemed to be frightening eveyone. Of course, I wasn't frightened.

I don't scare easily. If I was five or maybe even nine. Then maybe this would frighten me. But honestly, I matured very fast.

So, this isn't really scaring me like how It's doing the others. Besides, even if he was telling a story with a with a bloody hook, it wouldn't be much of a problem.

There's so many of us. Plus, I study the human body weakest points. But I only use those type of self defense tactics in a critical situation.

"So suddenly.... they heard this tap tap taping on the side of the car. The girl started to freak out. And by this time even the guy was getting a bit scared. So he turned the car on and he stepped on it. When they got back to the girl's house, she opened the door and screamed. Because there, hanging from the door handle was the bloody hook. They say that this killer is still alive. Wandering these very woods. He could be just about anywhere really. Maybe even right HERE!" Duncan said, pulling out a hook.