Chapter 27: Broken alliances?

I was peacefully sleeping in my bed. My mind was in a whole other world. I suddenly heard really loud music playing.

My dream crashed and I woke up. Me, and the rest of the guys woke up, turned on the light and walked out of the trailer. The girls woke up too.

"Agh, my back! Ow, what's with the mattresses? Are they filled with rocks or something?" Duncan groaned, rubbing his back.

"Maybe it's just your bed. Mine was perfectly fine." I stated.

The girls joined us. The loud music continued to play. Duncan and Owen kept making weird noises. Harold picked his nose. I moved from them and joined Courtney and Beth.

"Can you believe these guys? What a bunch of Neanderthals." Courtney commented.

Beth then started making a hooting sound. She was pointing at something. We all gathered around and saw Chris and Chef dressed in prehistoric outfits.

"Good morning cast. Or should I say, good middle of the night. Hope you're all well rested and ready to boldly go where very few men and even fewer ladies have gone before." Chris stated.

"Wait a sec. I could have sworn we already caveman movies." Harold stated.

"We did Harold. But we had to reuse to costumes since my astronomical salary accounts for roughly 97% of the show's budget." Chris explained.

"Ah. Dude. It's the middle of the night. And I was having the best dream about a bottomless deep-dish pizza." Owen explained.

"Sorry Owen. While today's movie genre may start at the dawn of time. It quickly moves up, up, and away!" Chris said.

"Oh. I get it now. We're doing outer space. Movie." Beth stated.

"What was your first clue? Genius." Courtney stated.

"Hoo! This is so exciting. I love scifi!" Beth cheered.

"Don't you get enough science fiction with that imaginary boyfriend of yours? What's his fake name again? Brainy?" Courtney taunted.

"It's Brady." Beth corrected." And he's totally real."

"Listen up space cases. You'll soon be facing some out-of-this-world challenges. But first, I have a very special suprise for you. Each of you has received one special item sent to you from the outside world. Which by now must feel like a distant planet." Chris tossed us our boxes.

Owen opened his box, excited. He took out a golden trophy.

"A citizen of the school year trophy." Owen stated.

"Let me see that." Courtney snatched it." Awared to the most trusting, caring, honest student. Who always puts others before himself." Courtney read.

"Excuse me." Owen squeaked.

Owen the burst out crying and ran off.

"What's his problem?" Duncan asked.

"More importantly. Why didn't I get one of these?" Courtney asked.

I playfully rolled my eyes. Classic Courtney. Some things just never change. Harold received nunchucks from home.

Courtney opened here package. She received a photo. She quickly hugged the photo, hiding it.

"What is that?" Duncan asked.

"Just... I need a minute." Courtney stated.

Courtney took a minute to look at the photo.

"Aaron. This is the photo I was telling you about, with whole debate team." She told me.

"Ah. I see. Nice job Courtney." I clapped.