Chapter-32

Gaby's POV

"are you sure about this?"

The coach asked me with a questioning look and I nodded

"yes coach.. I want to focus more of my time in training my girls team"

"if that's the case then alright.."

I reasoned earning an understanding nod from him has took hold of the clipboard which was pressed under his arm and drew a line using his pen on a paper with names scribbled on it.

"I'll inform Mr. Oh about this and with this done Gaby.. you can go and get back to your court"

I bowed in respect saying a 'thank you' and with another nod and smile from him turned and walked away towards the Basketball practice court. The boys team are practicing in the main court where all the competitions are play while we the girls in the practice court. And two courts you wonder? yep our campus is surely huge.

I entered the court and saw the girls doing warm-up while some were already dribbling and practicing the moves. I grinned to myself seeing them and with a clap spoke up

"Good morning girls!"

They all looked up and their faces lit up as they smiled in ret urn and happily chimed a

"Good morning coach!"

"is everyone doing good or great today?"

I joked to which most of them grinned while few chuckled and nodded

"we're great coach!"

I giggled too

"that's nice to hear.. so let's get down to business ladies! I, your coach, for the programme will be training you for the next 3 months and I promise to give my best and in return expect the same from you. Now, can i?"

I questioned smiling

"yes coach!"

they answered in unison enthusiastically.

"nice.. so now my wild cats I want you all to be attentive and want no playing around while training, I will be giving you breaks so you all can goof around and have fun and do what you feel like, because ofc I'm not one of those Hitler coaches out there and I've been in your position so I know exactly how dreadful it can get"

They all laughed hearing me as I spoke amused and with brows raised showing the obviousness

"I'll be teaching you all the tactics, strategies which I used as a player, how to asess their formation fore-hand, how to make-out their next expected move and then counter back through keen observation, ways to beat them no matter what formation they are in.. a'ight? And just to mention any idea from your side is always welcomed by me so feel free to come up"

Their faces had deep attentive frowns by now showing just how much they wanted to be known to all this and their lips curved into a smile at the last line as they nodded, I smiled too. I'll make sure these girls get the best and I'll give my best to them.

"I hope my training helps you a lot in the future.. we'll start off by practicing basic moves and then move onto formations. Before that if you want I can give a demo for you all to see n know how to think and observe.. would you like it?"

"yes coach.."

The Captain Mi Rae spoke for them all I went and picked up ball after removing my blazer and throwing it off on a chair nearby and cracked my bones walking to the center of the court