Chapter-38

The glass door slid open as I walked through it, entering the café as my heels clicked against the tiled flooring, making my way to the counter and scanned the menu on display for a snack. I really needed some fresh air and good cup of cold coffee after the entire packed schedule since morning.

Once decided, I gave my order and after the payment went outside and took a seat on one the tables outside and just enjoyed the breeze. I looked around and watched as the people took their walks, children played in the swings as few just ran around while some playing with their parents and dogs.

This café was in really good place i.e in a park, which as at a walking distance from my company. My order arrived soon I thanked them with a smile and dug in. I opened my iPad going through my Instagram and read some blogs as well.

I was casually sipping my coffee, engrossed in reading when i caught a figure appear in front of me on the opposite side of the table and a fisted hand knocked on my table gaining my attention. I looked up and was surprised to see Xing Hwan standing in front of me with a small smile, I just looked at him confused

"Hey..?" he said but it came more as a question and he looked as if he was nervous for some reason.

My head tilted sideways feeling suspicious of him and squinted my eyes at him, I don't like this guy so much ever since Business con. I don't think I need to give reasons for he same. He sighed as if defeated and spoke

"i..i'm sorry" he asked as his head dipped forward and scratched his nape.

Did I hear that correct? Judging from my expressions which were surprised he shook his head

"may.. may I have a seat?" he asked in a soft but guilt eaten tone and I sat up

"Sure.. sure, please do" I said, my speech stammering, still in shock and pulled closer to the table as he took a seat too.

He leaned forward as he rested his arms on the black mahogany table top and intertwined his hands n cleared his throat and looked around.

"hey.. you alright?" I spoke as I questioned in concern, he just nodded at me

"so..? are you.. gonna say something? Or.." I trailed letting the rest of the sentence to be understood by him. He exhaled as he slumped back on the chair and sat up again as if he was preparing to say something to me while I looked at him utter confusion he finally sighed and spoke up

"look.. Gaby.. I..I am really sorry for what all I've done until now. I really am.."

He confessed and looked at me, who had a blank face, in anticipation. I was silent for a while contemplating on what to answer I mean the prank he played on me was horrible, no doubt in that. But we won't move on unless we forgive. I could read the sincerity in his eyes and automatically my face broke into a soft smile, which surprised him.

"apology accepted.. no need to worry bout that. I'll forget whatever happened earlier."

"i.. thank you." He said letting out a breath which he might have been holding in and smiled softly at me

"although I really don't deserve it because obviously I had pushed all your buttons but.. thank you. Really.." I smiled at him letting out a chuckle and nodded.

"well you see..I- look I'm gonna be honest with you.." he said his voice turning serious which made frown in anticipation and curiosity as I leaned forward at bit watching him as he took a sigh and started

"you.. you resemble my late sister. I mean she wasn't my real sister she was my cousin but we were very close.. like actual siblings. When I found the similarities between you both I don't know what got into me and I felt like as if pushing you away would help me. Because every time I used to see you I would get reminded of her.. and it.. hurts you know.. I.."