Chapter-49

Weeks passed and I barely saw Sehun anymore. Anytime he would be anymore around me I'd just go somewhere else, anywhere away from him. The maximum I ever saw him was when I was with our group. We didn't talk to each other and if one would make comment about the other through a third person, we made sure to retort back through the same person indirectly referring to one another.

To be very honest, I missed him.. a lot.

I once again felt like the time when I was in UK completely out of touch with him only difference now was we were face to face but yet there were miles in between. I missed his silly jokes, his constant teasings, all the times we goofed around, the random hugs and kisses he would give.. I missed his presence.

The mate bond would act whenever he was around a longingness to be by his side, to be in his arm always stayed and when I couldn't hold back the urge any longer I would just leave.. and I guess he does the same. Sometimes I would catch him staring at me and our eyes would meet for moments before I break the contact and move away. The sadness always prolonged..

Right now, I was walking down the hallway with Kwan towards the canteen to get us some cold coffee. Surprisingly, ever since that day Kwan had not left my side for long he always tried to bring up my mood by cracking jokes, making faces or different noises which did help and had me chuckling at his goofiness and stare at him in awe with a stupid smile on my face.

He would abruptly give my kisses on the forehead and temple sometimes on the cheeks as well and it all left me shocked. I didn't feel that attracted to Kwan as I once used to be probably because I'm Sehun's mate now but there were times where I would get drawn to him but I would end up shaking them off.

Kwan slightly bumped me from the side gaining my attention and I looked at him with a smile letting out a 'yeah?'

"Penny for your thoughts madame?" he spoke putting on his French accent while saying madame and I chuckled shaking my head

"nothing much.. just.. thoughts.." I stuck out my tongue at him and he smiled amusingly and shrugged

" 'Just thoughts' a'ight.. uh-huh, okay.." he mumbled sarcastically making me laugh a little and shove him off with a hand only to hear him laugh.

We continued on and in between was suddenly approached by a junior and fell into a conversation. I was busy talking to the student I didn't even notice Kwan's attention waver off to somewhere when suddenly he wrapped his arm around me and pulled to him, surprising me. I looked at him weirdly so did the student but then I saw him staring away at somewhere behind me with smirk and a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Kwan?" I questioned in confusion but he didn't answer and continued to stare on.

Frowning I looked in the direction and stilled. Kwan was staring right at Sehun while the latter was glaring at us with fire in his eyes. Sehun's eyes fell lower landing on me before wavering off to see the distance between us and I gasped as I saw his chest starting to heave in anger and looked up at Kwan in alarm and tried to step away before something bad happened.

But kwan had other plans, he was already looking at me and I felt a wave of competitiveness emerge from him. I nervously and hesitantly looked at student in front of us who was still shocked and told him he could go and turning, he vanished into the cafeteria.

"Kwan what are you doing?" I questioned him a hint of accusation lacing my tone only to have him smirk.

"Nothing baby.." and just kissed my forehead tugging me forward and off to canteen. I gasped at his action and instinctively my head snapped to Sehun who was fuming and saw him turn away and march off. I only got time as I met eyes with Suho and Yixing nodding my face in Sehun's direction, they only gave a strong nod before running after him.