Chapter- 57

(A/N- media picture not owned by me)

Kwan's POV

I was in my kitchen cooking myself lunch. The maids were on a off today so it was me all by myself. Grabbing the small remote lying at an arm's length from me I twisted my arm, pressing the play button and music filled in the previously silent place and I hummed along. Getting a bit too into the song I started swaying my hips which turned into me swaying spatula around too.

I know it's quite a comical scene but meh I'm here by myself with no one to judge.

The smell of the sizzling chicken surrounded me mixed with that of the white pasta and I moaned out loud in pure satisfaction.

"Delizioso!" I exclaimed doing a chef's kiss as I did a taste test and grinned being proud of myself.

Once it was all done still lost in the rhythm, I moonwalked to the dish's cupboard bobbing my head to the song.

Grabbing myself a plate I swayed back to the table doing a body wave as well and set the plate down, serving myself a plateful n poured myself a glass of coke. Turns out I ended up making extra, well no problemo I'll have it for dinner.

I was about dive in when the door bell's rung and I groaned to myself, mentally cursing the person who was keeping me waiting from having my food already.

Huffing grumpily, I set down the cutlery and went to get the door only to be welcomed by the most unexpected visitor.

Oh Sehun, my brother.

It was as if all the grumpiness the vanished away at the sight n surprise filled me in. I-I never expected to see him here and judging from the way he stood, fidgeting a little I knew for a fact he felt nervous and automatically a small bittersweet smile embraced my features.

Now, he's feeling nervous around his own hyung huh?

Can't blame him though, it's been long.

Way... too long.

"H-hey hyung" he stuttered a little, giving a small wave and pursed his lips in a thin line. My smile turned into a genuine one as I moved aside making space for him to move in.

"C'mon in" I welcomed him and I saw him hesitate a little but came in anyway. Truth to be told for some reasons I felt nervous now as well seeing him standing here n being all alone with him. My arms had an urge to hug him but I refrained myself.

"What a pleasant surprise, what brings you here?" I tried to joke a little to ease the tension but seeing the slight frown etch on his forehead I realized it may have come out wrong n immediately apologized.

"I-I didn't mean it like that, I uh.. was just surprised seeing you, you know" I assured and he nodded

"So.. what happened, like so sudden..ly?" I uttered slowly. A feeling of sadness and guilt creeped in for some reasons n my chest suddenly felt heavy as many feelings flooded in seeing my brother there. He was right here but felt miles away.

Back in time, I never in my dreams would've thought we both would be standing at this point.

"I.. uh.. I wanted to see you hyung." He spoke and for the second time that 'hyung' actually sounded as if it came from my little brother-- like nothing had happened, as if we weren't apart for decades. One that didn't sound as if it came from a person out of formality, it felt like family and like there were no walls between us anymore.