Chapter-43

Kwan's POV

I was lying on my couch with one leg hanging off the other pulled up, lost in my thoughts.

It hurts..

I lost her.. I lost Gabriella, my belle and that also to who? My own younger brother. I winced and shut my eyes tight at the sight of them together earlier n sniffed. I admit I did cry firstly but then my tears seized. Should I be happy for my little brother for he found his mate and not to mention the girl who has his heart for years or feel remorse over loosing the same girl to him.

I feel suffocated.. I don't know what to do now.

I was so scared.. last night was one of the most horrific nights I ever had. The last thing I had heard from her was her phone call in which she sounded shaken up and then vanished. I felt so relieved when Alex told me she was found by sehun.

I let it be because she was important and knowing how close she was to sehun once he would take care of her no matter what but then... today happened.

I couldn't believe my ears when I heard him say that Gaby was his mate. I felt like something ripped inside me. I fought so hard with inner self to not cry but the moment I reached my home I lost that fight.

I should've know though.. She had loved Sehun for years but still seeing the way he was treating her I somewhere felt I had my chance with her and didn't give up.

She caught me eyes the very first time I met her. She gave that warm welcoming aura every time we met and when things advanced between us so did my feelings. Her cute smile.. I love watching it. I'll miss watching her come randomly and cook food for us both.

I can still be by her side, right? But knowing my younger brother I know for sure he's going to possessive, very possessive of her specially with me. He clearly wouldn't like us both getting to close. For me it's clear as well nothing can ever advance between me and her except friendship now.. and if that's one way I'll get to be with her then so be it.

Such a lucky bastard he is..

He's so lucky to get her.. he's got the advantage of seeing her smile in front of him, have her to himself, hold her and kiss her whenever he likes. I smiled bitterly at my own desolation.. but still I have this feeling in me that I don't want to give up just.. yet.

Even though the probability of me ever getting her is nil I still want to try.

Sighing deeply, I sat up and wiped my eyes with my hands and with yet another sigh of despair I got up and walked towards my small personal bar. I opened the cabinet and took out a bottle of bourbon and grabbing a glass from the other cabinet, took a seat on one of the stools and poured myself a drink.

The only light in my living room was of my now dimly lit bar and the light of the lamp-post coming from outside through the glass walls which gave the clear view of the rear garden. Shadows of trees against the moonlight, swaying slowly, casted in the huge space of the living room in darkness.

When suddenly my senses went on full alert, sending me signals that something was in the room. The temperature dipped a bit but I maintained my composure.

"its her.." I heard Ryung, my wolf who awakened not long ago spoke, before going to sleep putting the show I'm still powerless in front of her.

"My my.. look at this. My old dear friend Kwan" I heard her voice, a hint of teasing in it. I remained motionless and played with my glass before pouring myself another drink and took a sip, looking straight ahead at the lit shelf holding bottles.