Chapter-54

My heels clicked against the floor as I made my way dawn the hall where the interns were waiting, yea it's not exactly a good suggestion to wear heels after just recovering but gotta appear professional in front of the interns. I was in a black blazer dress and a pair of white heels. (media)

Entering the meeting room followed by Katelyn I was greeted by the nervous looking faces of the interns who were talking among themselves but stilled the moment I entered the room. Their heads whisked towards me as they shot up from their chairs making me smile automatically feeling slightly amused.

Walking to face them all I flashed a warming smile and yes, I'm not like rock cold faced CEOs who scare away the interns on the first meeting itself rather I'm one of those who like to have their interns feel warm and comfortable. Thing is, I might be and am, all smiley and welcoming but when it comes down to work, I'm a no-nonsense person.

"Good morning all, please take a seat" I spoke cheerily still flashing the smile and I could sense the tension within them lessen after hearing me and returned the greetings with much more confident smiles, before sitting.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all and I am Gabriella Robertson, your CEO and I warmly welcome you all to work at Steven Empires"

"The pleasure is all ours ma'am" I heard them reply in a chorus making me smile wider.

"Please give your introductions, Although I have gone through all of your applications personally but I feel doing intros in person is more comfortable so please begin"

One by one of all the 15 interns stood up and introduced themselves telling their majors and their interests. Nodding at each one of them as they finished, I recalled the details of them and what field they sit best at.

"Okay so, before we get into the main show, my PA Katelyn, here is handing you all a folder with your respective names and departments written in tags attached to the front. I want you all to go thoroughly through them after you're placed."

"Each of these folders contains the details of the ongoing and upcoming projects of all the departments you'll be working in for the next 8 months here. All of you shall be participating in these and will helping out your seniors.

And if there is something you aren't able to understand or are having complications with feel free to approach your HODs they'll guide you through them, okay?"

I announced and continued on about briefing them up about the project department vise. Took quite some time but at least they got a clear picture first hand from me itself and hopefully they don't have any difficulties. Seeing their serious faces while they focused on my words made me feel proud inwardly, that I got a hand in shaping their futures.

Soon enough as I finished with the fashion department which was the last department, I offered them a tour around the company and have them settled in their depts so they acquainted with their seniors and begin with their internship.

"One more thing guys while you're here I want you all to be comfortable, okay? and by being comfortable I meant in inter-personal relations with your seniors here.

Let me get this clear, you guys are only answerable to the person you're assigned to and me. No one else. And well.. if you face any extreme discomfort or feel harassed in any way come up to me straight away."

I spoke seriously turning to them with raised brows stating the obvious in an unsaid manner and the students nodded. Not saying they'll face any bullying cuz I make sure my staff is extremely well mannered and are respectful but just in case. Because as long as they work here, they're my responsibility.